Martin M4 crash?

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLA1, May 31, 2011.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Even more impressive to me: friend went down at summit point and was holding on to the bars. Then it occurred to him that the bike might swallow some dirt and he shut off the engine while he was still sliding and holding onto the bike. Last thing I would've thought about.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

+1

3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

i've crashed enough mini's with hand guards to know the lever protectors these guys use would fold up on impact.but then they don't use them for crash protection do they-
    to avoid crashing maybe!

4. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

Ole Xaus had a little experience with this whole crashing thing though. I know everywhere I go the word "crash" has been replaced with "xaused"

5. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOO!!! that's not what the picture says!

The guard is there to prevent the lever from being "accidentally" depressed by another compadre on a scooter, not to protect your hand

6. Chip

Chip Registered

I wouldn't recommend it....if the front wheel catches something, having your hands on the bars is a super way to break your wrist. Also.....in general...it's a good thing to get away from the out of control 400lb object while crashing, not hold on to it. Despite what Rossi did at Jerez, when you crash your race is over..concentrate on not getting hurt!

7. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Does anyone think maybe he had enough of a state of mind to hold on to the bike so as to not be left right in the middle or outer edge of the track in a blind area while there were bikes headed his way?

I mean, maybe he used the bike to pull him off track so he didn't get run over!

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

He was attempting a Hacking....... The Outcome wasnt the same....

9. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Guess I was wrong, I didn't rewind the video either, not sure what I saw on the ground then.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

When I was a kid my dad came home after a morning's hunt with a deer antler in his hand. He went on to explain to me how his gun jammed, so he tried to wrestle the deer to the ground, and the antler broke off letting the deer get away. I believed him too.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

:crackup:

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I thought the video showed it falling off as he drove away.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you had any idea who I'm talking about, you probably would believe him to. The type of guy who does his own maintenance on his airplane. He thinks about machines differently than your average squid.

14. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I agree. Its just interesting to think about how a rider's mind is functioning during all that.

15. Chip

Chip Registered

There is a great picture of Haga on an R7 getting highsided to the moon and he is still on the gas.....:up:

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Holding on to the bike seems like a great idea right up the point your pinkie gets ground to hamburger.

17. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Not saying it is or isn't true.

But in all my crashes I've not once ever had the kill switch not get flicked to off somehow, someway.

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Which makes the lever guard that much more useful ;)

That said, at that speed I'm letting her go. I'll run up later and see what could be done to keep going.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In a gentle low side crash, you could easily slide to a stop without your engine shutting off. Hell, that's why they put the bank angle sensors on bikes. His bike was from before they start doing that.

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

If you had any idea of how tall I thought my dad was back then, you'd believe him too.