1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martha White

Discussion in 'General' started by Stirz, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Is there anything better than Martha White cornbread, with some cheese and jalapenos mixed in, then augmented with butter and honey? - I think not. Dinner, dessert and a side dish all in one.

2. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

that sounds like some racist ass cornbread.:tut:

3. Stirz

Oh yeah - I prefer my cornbread like my grits - yellow, not white. If that's racist, then I am full-on guilty.

4. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

I'm with you, too bad I live up north. no good cornbread up here. :(

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Yes there is, it's called cracklin' cornbread.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Mom's cornbread cooked in the oven in a cast iron skillet, seasoned with bacon grease. Damn. I am missing that.

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

how the hell is cornbread racist? :eek:

....and some home made collard greens.

aw. damn.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn. Now I am hungry and can't even attempt to make the cornbread since we ripped out the kitchen to remodel.

9. Stirz

Collards grow real well here in UT - got a mess of them planted out back. I think I'll make a batch today (seasoned with bacon, onions, garlic and maters) just so I can sop up the pot liquor with another batch of corn pome - hate on bitches.

And yeah - cast iron skillet preheated to 400, bacon grease if you got it - is there any other way? (all crispy and bacony around the edges).

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The only way to have it. My mom used to put just a pinch of dark brown sugar in the cornbread too. Add just about 1/8 inch of melted bacon fat to the bottom of the skillet and get it almost smoking hot and dump the batter in. Then throw it in the oven to finish it off. Oh man, that was good eating. That with some pinto beans that have been slow cooking for a few hours with some real fat back or salt pork and you have dinner. MMM. You can't find cornbread mix here in Calgary. I have had to make my own straight up homemade cornbread.

11. james walker

yeah, you gotta have that big a$$ chunk of hog floatin' around in there. :)

12. james walker

black-eyed peas.

13. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Check out Simply Sara's "Country Cornbread" video on Youtube.

14. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Jim & Nicks cornbread muffins.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

:stupid: For a chain that place is not bad, those muffins are evil tho.

16. Stirz

Dude - for sure, but what I really miss are Purple Hulls and Butter Beans. Non-existent in these parts.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That's the recipe, but Simply Sara is enough to motivate me skip a meal or three. She's been taste testing a bit too much.

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

nawtheners make johnny cake, not corn bread. I like both but, do prefer the sweeter northern version. Ski

19. trancework

trancework It's always now...

I could watch her all day--she's the Bob Ross of comfort food.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Homemade from scratch.