Marriage: Good, Bad, or Just Plain Ugly?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jugglenutz, Jan 26, 2007.

?

What are your feelings on marriage?

1. There is nothing better...

23 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. There is nothing better...than divorce

3 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. I'm loving it, but she spends all my racing money on shoes and makeup

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. I'm loving it, but he spends all shoe and makeup money on racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No one is really married, its just those waiting to be divorced

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. Ball and Chain doesn't do it justice

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. The wrong person ruined my life, the right person saved it

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  8. Marriage? Booty booty booty booty rockin everywhere!

12 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Discuss :Pop:

My little sister is getting married April 28th, and I haven't done a poll in ages:up:

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The real answer is yes. All three.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: It takes a effort just to get to bad. Good is hard work.

4. Jugglenutz

Jeez...you guys are fast...

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And here I was thinking you'd found you a woman who could drink that much alcohol.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

as long as she's not doing something stupid like getting married at 21 she'll be fine

7. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Marriage isn't all bliss and happiness all of the time, there are definitely things that you'll have to learn to compromise on, and when to pick your battles. Women and men think differently in most cases, so you both have to learn to give a little, and things will work out pretty good. For us things have been relatively argument free, however when you throw a baby in the mix, it is a real test of how mentally / emotionally strong you really are together.

Hope it all goes well for her, and if she / her husband truly are committed to one another, it should go just fine.

8. bwp777

bwp777 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go back to the single life for 2 women. 1 to work and 1 to stay home. Marriage is great as long as both people realize it is 100% from each person.

9. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

It's number 2, (pun included).

btw, I think there's a man law that states...... Never say, I haven't' done a poll in ages.

10. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

Great. I'm supposed to get married later this year.

My buddy just had a girl and has been married for like a year. He is freaking out and telling me I'm all done.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm lovin' it. My wife is understanding, and it's nice to be haniging out with your best friend all the time. :D

I can't stand/understand people that always bitch about how bad being married is, but don't have the balls to get a divorce.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Off to the hole.....

13. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

It can be difficult, especially if you have been single for a long time. Add road racing and track days in the mix along with the a ready made family situation and it doesn't (didn't for me) work.
    Yes I am partly to blame......:tut:

NV#611
    Sponsor: Bell's Suzuki

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Well marriage fell apart and we divorced but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wouldn't have made it as far as I did if it weren't for her so I owe her a lot.

She and I are still friends so that helps.

It is hard work making a marriage last.

15. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

It takes more than 100% on both sides. On her bad day you have to make up for it. It's knowing going in that it is a commitment til death do us part. Know going in that finances, kids, religion, and inlaws all come with that little gold band. Make sure you are both aware of each others expectations. When you think you have given enough, give more. Little insignificant crap is little and insignificant to you but maybe not to your partner. It's hard but well worth it.

It's easier to beat cancer and win the tour de france seven times that to stay married. Ask Lance Armstrong. He may not admit it but evidently it's true.

16. Jugglenutz

What I want to know is how many put "there is nothing better" because your wives read the board :D

17. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

This is a true statement: Women will marry a man that they feel they can mold into the man they want. A man will marry the woman how she is not what he can make her. So the woman gets mad when the man does not change and the man gets mad because the woman changes because the man is not changing. This was a discussion about 6 of us had over many beers and it ended up being a yelling match.

18. bwp777

bwp777 Well-Known Member

My wife likes that I ride and she loves going to the track with me. I actually enjoy the road trip to the track and back especially if it is dark. I'll tell you this, Trying to drive and stay between the ditches while your wife is getting frisky is way more of a challenge than going around a race track.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I put that and I doubt my ex reads this board. ;)

20. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Does she have any unmarried sisters?:D