Man I can't wait for 2/10...Everybody is too bored!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Zanyeights, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

We need lives!!! Bring on the new season.

If nothing else a new topic...favorite track and scariest track...

VIR with Road A a close second. Too smooth and elevation changes make both of those tracks too awesome!

Willow Springs. T8 is whole new experience. Nothing like the kink at VIR, Road A or the others, just wide open, top gear laid over. Of course I was in 5th gear, half throttle. You would have a thought I had training wheels on. Guess that explained the 1:42's.

2. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

you're complaining about early feb?

try waiting til early april for your first race!! pain and suffering.

ROAD America is my favorite track so far - but I've only been on two others...

Putnam is cool -- close to chicago, smooth and lots o curves, and lots of run off.

Blackhawk is ruff stuff -- the pavement is full of seams, holes, ripples, mixed surfaces -- and there are plenty of large oak trees and guard rails to stop any crazy ideas of crashing. If you could find a way to add taxi cabs it'd be like racing on Chicago streets!

3. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

I only raced one race last year, at VIR. I went slow through the two practice sessions both days. I started dead last in the 600cc Proddie race. Had a good start, made it two laps and lost the front end in turn 7. I built a bike for 2 friggin laps! The bike was almost a toal loss. Basically the frame, motor, and fork bottoms were all that are salvageable on my Gixxer6. Talk about a let down weekend. I was simply trying to finish top ten, and was on course to do it. Instead I wadded my bike. That has to be my worst track, yet.

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Favorite track? It's a toss up between Roebling and AMS.

Least favorite? Would have to be Memphis or IRP.

Ryan when are shipping out?

5. Zanyeights

2/10 is our first race down here in the SE...if I remember the schedule correctly.

Tracee...

I go to Rhode island on May 14th, and then out to the the barren wasteland the first week of July. I am planning on making the first four rounds of the southeast region. Other than that I will miss everything over that time period. I was hoping to make the VIR Cycle Jam but that is looking slimmer and slimmer.

6. Zanyeights

Patience young Jedi Warrior...Patience... [​IMG]

Your in the Boro? What is your name?

7. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I haven't been on many, but Texas World Speedway is great.
    the surface is great and you go into turn one WFO. [​IMG]
    I am hoping to get to road A atleast once this season.

8. Zanyeights

You won't be dissappointed with Road A. Very few are!

9. Tracee Polcin

Unless you get smoked, then it's a HP track. [​IMG]

10. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

I don't need a HP track to get smoked, i get smoked an any track i ride.(too much self preservation instinct to be blazingly fast)
    but i always have a good time. [​IMG]

11. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Good Times are all that matters...to me anyway. Getting a podium now and then is just icing on the cake. I've yet to podium, but when I do, you'll think I won the lottery [​IMG]
    Rd.A is my favorite, especially with gravity-cavity. If you could hold it WFO to the brake markers at the bridge, you were totin' big cojones [​IMG] CMP being a close 2nd. Haven't rode VIR yet, but it'll probably be the new 2nd.

[This message has been edited by Hammer-117 (edited 12-19-2000).]

12. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

oh dude, i have never raced before. i want to go right now [​IMG]

13. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

Ryan (Zany)

I live SE of the Boro. It's just easier to list myself from the Boro because you wouldn't know the town where I live if you drove through the intersection. And my name is Canaan, WERA #706. I'll be running a team called Backdraft Motorsports in MSS this year.

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Settle down now, you have to go through rookie initiation first. We'll see you at TGPR in Feb. for that. [​IMG]

15. Zanyeights

Cool, wasn't sure if I knew you. I lived in the Boro while I was going to school (MTSU). Moved to Atlanta to go to Grad school. Bummer you weren't around last year, could have used another travelling partner. If things don't work out with your team for some events, there is another racer in Manchester that likes to pool to the races.

Ryan

16. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Road A used to be my favorite track until I got the 600. Seems the faster I go, the harder it is to keep from crashing there. Homestead reminds me of a sane AMS. Very nice layout but watch out for the cement patches. My favorite has to be a tossup between Talladega and CMP. Least favorite is a tossup between Nelson and AMS. Nelson Ledges is Nelson Ledges. AMS is horribly insane. Wierd-ass bus stop coming onto the front straight, and flat out in 5th dragging your knee. Whoever laid that out must have had a few too many wrecks...

17. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

My favorite track has to be Talledega. A real riders track, it is the kind of track that those of us that are not as aerodynamic (well, lightweight) as others can overcome our handicaps.
    My least fav. track, Roebling, I just don't have enough time there to feel comfortable. Oh yeah, Memphis is really scarry in the single file section.

18. Zanyeights

I have heard no bad replys about St Louis. Although it is like a small AMS and there are a few bumps what do you guys think? I am kind of fond of the place as I won my only race there starting from the tenth row. Almost had two but I took a lapper to the outside and cost me the win.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i like cmp a lot. ams was kewl, which is weird becouse i hated it the first time.

20. Tracee Polcin

Stick you just like AMS because you can easily cut the course there. [​IMG]