LW Twins Nat'l Schedule Slot

Discussion in 'General' started by SClark, Mar 28, 2002.

1. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Mongo,

Last season, I recall, the LW Twins class being the final race on Sunday afternoon during the dedicated Nat'l Events.

Since there is no more Pro Blunder, and HWT is way above the SV abilities, that leaves LWT the only class for the SV on a dedicated Nat'l weekend.

Any chance you could get that over with in the first half of the schedule during these weekends?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But it's not the only SV class this year, the SV's can run F2 as well for s**ts and giggles.

3. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Is that so you can leave early? [​IMG]

4. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

I would second that, frankly I would rather see my guys run the SVs first in their primary money race and then the secondary "let's give it a shot" races. I would hate to see someone blowing or crashing his SV before they made it to LWTwins. This could actually discourage someone from signing up in the "secondary" classes for the SVs.

Thanks for listening

5. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Good point!!! [​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is and I'll see what I can do for NPR.

7. SClark

I'll thank JurgenW for the support, but also state that it's nice to have a "warm-up" race.

In the past, if I wasn't feeling up to speed, then I'd use HWT to shake the cobwebs out.(And this is WERA SOP, to allow for at least one scrub race before the money race... which is a good thing.)

BUT, I'm not going to race a scrub race just to kill time until the last race of the day. [​IMG]

I guess I'll have to drag the rulebook out to decipher this Nat'l F2 thing.

8. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

You get to race against the 250GP Machines!
    Woo Hoo!

Monty

9. SClark

SV meet TZ... as that's the last you'll see of it until it laps you. Try to stay out of the way when that happens.
    (Don't want anybody pulling a DiSalvo on you.) [​IMG]

10. JurgenW

JurgenW Well-Known Member

Good point indeed - a valid compromise would be to put the LW twins class somewhere between F2 and HW twins which would give us a scrub race as well as a "just for fun" race. Could we just exchange HW Twins with LW twins on the race day schedule or have the "big Gun" F1 race move to the end (which keeps everyone around). Just and idea - dont want to step on anyone's toes.

BTW: F2 shouldn't be a problem if we get a good start and just form a side-by-side line until the last lap onto the dragstrip and all bets are off, by then the TZs either seized or overheated <G>

Anyhow, thanks for the consideration and input

Jurgen