1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LVMS - Track Bicycle ride - late Saturday afternoon

Discussion in 'General' started by Gehr, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Hey all,
    Got an email from my WERA West compadre Matthias Jezek today asking me to post up that he is going to do a Classic Course, pedal bike ride at the end of the day on Saturday this race weekend.

Open to all, run what you brung: fixed gear, exotic roadbike, trashed mountain bike, tricycle, all are welcome so if you can pedal it you are invited...

If I could only get this thing in the back of my truck without hanging out 5 feet I would bust out the sex-o-cycle for a few laps:

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Weirdos.

:D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At lease he didn't remove the seats from the posts this time.

4. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Yay!! It'll be super fun!!
    Great way to burn off the cupcakes I'm bringing ;)

5. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

ABSOLUTELY!

:cool:

Me & a few of my buddies rode that "sex-o-cycle" through Hollywood, down Hollywood Blvd
    no less, on a Saturday afternoon to attend the premiere of a bicycle movie.
    That bike's wheelbase is longer than my truck's & as you can imagine that thing just refuses to turn.
    :crackup:

But ohh, the frame flex on that thing means no need for any type of suspension!
    Braking is done in that fine Flinstones tradition: synchronized shoe dragging.
    Yeah, there were a few low speed lowsides involved in learning how to ride that thing.
    Calls for "abandon ship" went out more than once & I happily jumped off that thing as she went down.

Damn, we should have removed a few of those seats from the posts for some "selected" passengers!
    Didn't think of that one, thanks for the heads up!

How about a picture of my neighbor's truck after we loaded it up for the short hop over the hill to get to Hollywood?
    That was an awesome freeway trip as every car pulled up alongside the truck to get a look at that beast!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Six seats, 5 handlebars???

7. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Yeah, there was some engineers input on that one, something to the effect that not everyone riding that thing should be entrusted to be adding steering input.

Also note the only handlebar mounted bell is on that 2nd to last set of handlebars?

Something about the riders in the front having to pay too much attention to actually trying to steer that monstrosity.
    Given the riders in the back are just basically going along for the ride & adding some horsepower they were entrusted to man the warning bell.

:eek:

8. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

Bump