1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunchtime Riding Tips: Putnam Park

Discussion in 'General' started by CarrMoto, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

Not sure if any changes have been made since 4/12, but I have some footage that shows how much room was added in T10.

*Sorry for the bumpy camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPdbF9Plvr0

(I think this fits in the rules for posting videos? If not, I'll delete)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks about the same as the last time I was there.

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I will be at Putnam Saturday for a car day and will look at 10. Not sure how they could have pushed the wall back further without relocating the track exit road as the wall was pretty much pushed back to the track exit last time I was there.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, the vid and google maps show the same fix as it's always been. Nothing new and nowhere to really make anything new without moving pit lane.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: looks as it always has.

6. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I think they moved the wall back in T10, its still way too close

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

It was an absolute pleasure to follow both guys/kids that weekend. Jake was amazing... Chimi was, well... His typical pleasant and fun self. Both chock full of speed...

And to Eddie - you've said it on other forums - THEY DO RACE THERE! THREE TIMES!!!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  8. Lizard 1

Hahahaha!! Or, when you blitz past your buddy and make it a pass that ranks at the top of his career list. Total bad ass and amazing. Almost crashed watching your ass.

CALL ME, GOOBER!

9. same as it ever was

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Hard to believe that was 3 yrs ago and no one has come close since...those 15 yr old kids (and old Chimis) have no fear!!!!

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

MotoSeries is the only real series racing bikes there.... I don't see those times being matched till a larger series goes back.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You know what I meant.

BTW, Chimi is awesome. Hope I get to see him at some point this season.

13. Lizard 1

I am willing to bet that Carr does it this year. That's his goal and he is close. Nash was in low 10s during the last MS he raced there... It's going to happen.

14. Lizard 1

No, I didn't know what you meant. On the other forum, you didn't state WERA. I guess I can assume you mean WERA on this forum. Burcham, Stymie, Carr, etc all race the MS rounds. Why don't you?

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

It's seven hours for fun and practice - which is all good fun, but big picture, time is better spent going to Barber or Road Atlanta.

Maybe I'll go this year, who knows. It's been 10+ years since I've raced there and I'd like to go back.

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Life can be hard when you race more that 1-2 weekends a year.

17. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I had to eat that wall once :Poke::eek::Poke:
    :D

18. Poop

Poop solid today

please dont hit that wall again i hate landing in the backside of leathers after being squeezed through athletic underwear mesh

19. Weranc55

Weranc55 New Member

Man that brings back some memories. Actually it was 1999 and Spies against Disalvo. Disalvo had a good fast bike. Something happened to Ben's 2 bikes where they did not show up to the race. Somehow he was able to get a stock 125 for the race. I didn't think he would have a chance against Jason on the stock 125. Figured he'd be running in the 114s or 115 on a stocker. At the time Stewart and most of the other fast guys where running in the 115's or 116's on stock 125's. I can't remember who won the race but I remember it was back-and-forth between the two of them and they were running in the 12's. Not to take anything away from Jason but Ben just had a ton of talent. It just seemed that he could find that extra second when no one else could.

20. Lizard 1

Huh?