1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Fixed :)

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Well, obviously that too.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

My Champion 3500 is still running strong after one year of solid use. All I did was throw some amsoil in that yellow Puta and let er rip . $323 on Amazon right now with free shipping!

4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

witnessed one of those running a 13.5k btu AC, a set of warmers and fans all weekend long without any issues, and it runs quieter than my yamaha ef3000is to boot

Phl218 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  5. skee

skee # 358

How quiet is it? im not caught up on brands...as long as it reliable and pretty quiet

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I’ve never owned a Honda/Yamaha and I haven’t heard one in a couple of years either, but I can definitely say it is much quieter than my (PO)SV or clapped out 06 750 gixxer at idle.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The reason you haven't heard one is because their so freakin quiet :crackup:

t11ravis, michaelrc51, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  8. S.bryant.H400

S.bryant.H400 Member

A/C unit. July in Alabama.

t11ravis likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just a follow up I added a siphon ball coming from the Main tank to the gennys... Elevated the tank and worked great with the new caps.......Thanks for the tips....

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

We bought one...and it let us down two weekends in a row. We have a small toyhauler with 9600 btu AC, tire warmers and a couple fans. We were at Barber in July, and it just flat out quit early in the afternoon. Slow to turn over and would not start...figured it packed it in. Thankfully near a power pole so plugged in. Next morning, it fired right up like nothing happened. Thought it may have gotten too hot in the sun so we kept in the shade all day just running warmers to see if it would handle it. So we figured it just was a heat issue...

The next race weekend was at Reobling Rd and it quit in the middle of the night on us the first night there only running the AC. It was not all that hot either. So we plugged in again. Both times had plenty of fuel. Returned it. Didn't even want to mess with getting another one to try. Some have had good luck with theirs (which is why I got one)...we didn't.

Bought a Honda EU3000is and we just went to tally with it running everything no problem all weekend.

Really wanted the HF one to work as it is priced well. But no go for us.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

The biggest thing about the harbour freight one is, inside the exhaust the spark resistor-arrestor wtf it is clogs up. A friend purchased one and after only a few hours it started running like shit. Took the brillo padBrillo pad looking stuff out and ran and still runs like a champ.

14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Yep, Buras is having the same problem.

15. Jon Wilkens

How long does that take? Running on pump or good gas?

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What would you run in a HF generator? U4? MR12?

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  17. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Well, if I'm overclocking my generator for another 32.7% increase in wattages, obviously I'm running methanol injection.

18. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I ran my riding lawnmower on 110 the other day lol. I ran out of gas in the yard and the 87 can was empty. I didn’t want to go to the store and the race gas was getting old anyway lol. Sure smelled good mowing the lawn.

For the record it likes the 87 better than the 110 and ran kind of crappy on it (probably not enough timing or compression)

19. Jon Wilkens

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....like I'd dump in $75+ a can fuel into a genny.:rolleyes:

Good gas meaning ethanol free gas....:whoosh:

20. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I have that generator. Not the quietest but It isn’t bad. Love the 30 amp RV plug with the surge protection. I bought mine for 300 bucks and I’ve used it a ton, between camping, the track and powering stuff during storms it’s served me well.