looking to hit fontana in Jan...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by racrx451, Nov 28, 2011.

1. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

so, Im planning on going to fontana in Jan for the weekend of the WERA event. Ive never ridden with WERA so Im trying to figure out a few things...

former CCS/ASRA expert. do I have to buy the full year membership?

will be on an S1000rr.. only A superstock and A superbike???

can I run engine ice?

anything else I might need to know? thanx guys.

2. Bunghole

Bunghole Well-Known Member

Engine Ice is a kind of anti-freeze, and I don't think they make an anti-freeze without glycol, the stuff that makes the track slick when spilled on. Just run pure water or water + water wetter to be on the safe side. to make this short, engine ice isn't legal. You can run A-SS, A-SB, and F1, also the HW solo on Saturday (if we're running them this year). I think you can buy a one weekend membership, only other thing I can think of, is to corner low :)

Edit: I went ahead and looked it up after I posted

c) Water cooled engines may use plain water, or water with Redline (or similar product, call WERA for verification) cooling system rust and corrosion inhibitor at 0.5 ounces per quart of plain water concentration, Silkolene Pro CCA (Corrosion Control Additive) and Royal Purple Purple Ice are also allowed. Glycol based antifreezes are prohibited.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can do a weekend only license for $30, the full 12 months is $110. No on the Engine Ice, glycol is bad on a race track like bunghole said. He also has the classes right - ASS, ASB, F1. You can also run Senior Superbike HW if you're over 40.

4. racrx451

racrx451 Well-Known Member

Thanx guys! See you at Fontana in Jan.