1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for fz600 performance parts

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Jeff McKinney, May 13, 2021.

1. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Just like the title says,thanks Jeff.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

There isn't much out there for FZ600 stuff. The few years they were raced at the top level it was mostly in production classes. Nobody much made any performance parts. My latest racebike build is running a stock motor and I am spending my time and efforts on upgrading the suspension and wheels. I have first gen SV650 forks and wheels and a CBR rear shock. So far it has been bolt up with a few spacers I have had to make to get it all to fit. I may go with a pair of FJ600 exhaust cams and carbs if I can find them. fa lside.jpg
    Here is how mine currently sits. I am setting it up to be legal for V5 and AHRMA Next Gen SBK lightweight.

Jeff McKinney and evakat like this.
  3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I agree there is probably not much out there. The FZ600 only had a short production run here in the US...
    Maybe try the Jap Ebay??? Since I think our 600 was based off their 400 unit back in the day.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  4. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Fit the biggest oil radiator you can find. Back in the day my stock motor (with stock rad) would fade noticeably after a couple laps.

racer_11 likes this.
  5. Jeff McKinney

This one has a bigger oil cooler,I hoped maybe cams,etc,but it looks like it was preventative,just like you describe.

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

This!
    Check out Kurt’s bike. It is a good visual wish list.
    https://goo.gl/photos/48EGHzSJF82oK64k9

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  7. Jeff McKinney

8. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that bike being nothing but problems for Kurt to the point he regretted ever getting it.