1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at a project, anyone interested in my Muzzy ZX6R?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by gpracer15, Jan 7, 2013.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I have been contemplating a project car for many years. I have found something that is really interesting to myself. I am tossing up the thought of selling off a ZX6R or two.

I have three 95-97 ZX6R's that I would sell but two are not 100% ready to race. All are complete race platforms though.

Muzzy bikeYes this an actual Muzzy built bike and was sent new from Kawi to Muzzy in 95. I have the Muzzy build sheet, title still noted from Kawi to Muzzy, shipping receipts to and back from Australia. I have Austrailian tags rivited on frame too. This is the bike I have raced for the last two years. Its a stong running bike! Ask anyone in V7....All suspension done by Thermosman for 170lb'r. Fresh fork oil mid season, Ohlins rear, Muzzy rearsets, Ohlins damper, kit dash mount, kit tach, Muzzy Exhaust, Renthal grips. Lots of gearing, some new, some near new. I have a spare Muzzy style tail with there fabricated mounts and dzues fasteners as spare (needs a little filler and paint). spare wheels.

Blue bikeThis one has brand new paint job, Hindle Exhaust, 636cc motor, fresh fork oil, new grips, damper, al fairing stay, ohlins rear. Its about 95% ready to go. The top end has no time on it.

Yellow bike This one is a 100% race platform too. Needs carbs cleaned, plugs (I have), fresh fluids and its a runner. From memory it has Fox, damper, rearsets, D&D, new battery, new grips. Bodywork needs to be done and paint.

I have lots of spares, stands, bodywork, wheels, engines, etc available too.

If interested PM me with what your after and an offer. If you dont know
    what I have then PM me your email address and what your preference would be bike wise and spares.

Will only trade for cash. Will probably be changing my mind soon so act fast

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

You better act fast. He does change his mind like the wind...

3. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

being one that just sold a light project car. DON'T DO IT:Poke:

4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

yep I sold my 69 Camaro back in 2000 to get back into racing....regret selling it.

5. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

From time to time Susan talks about maybe getting rid of the 68 but I won't let her do it. She'd regret it after a couple months.

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

She would have to drive all the way to SC to aee it again

7. rwood64083

Relax big boy. You're like the car's godfather. If anything happens to Susan and myself, it goes straight to you.

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Id have to break that stick thinking if it was a 69 model and swipe it up before he got it.....:up: Maybe I just pass him on the interstate like KEV59 does it:Poke:

9. GA_SVS

GA_SVS Define "normal"

69 Camaros are weak

and everybody has one or built one by "pasting" different fenders / grille / tail lights on a 67/8... or a Firebird

One of the original 602 RPOs would be impressive...

:Pop:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My wife has some info on collecting on these types of insurance policies. I'm afraid I may be in danger, but if she hears this, she may leave me alone until she can score the car also.

Chuck, I'm shaking my fist at you. "Slow down you whipper snapper!"

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

:bow:

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I threw the body work on the blue and yellow bike to take pics for you all.

These are current as 12:08am on 1-8-13:eek:

I wonder if someone will recognize there old bike.....???????

Muzzy bike, no changes since its two 2012 Championships
    Blue bike with fresh paint
    Yellow bike with better tank, good front brakes now, green wheels....(I have a nice oem color swingarm to replace the yellow one that goes with bike and U can paint fork legs...

Going to bed, got to be up in 5 hours...:(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  13. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

GLWS, not in the market myself but a couple of nice bikes for sure.

14. rwood64083

Nope, nothing looks Honda to me, although that is some pretty blue paint :crackup:

15. rwood64083

You're covered under the Senior Male Bennett Camaro Clause. Unless, of course, there's something you need to share with us?

16. her68ss

her68ss Happily drama-free

Well, I was looking at getting one of the new Challengers for a daily driver.

You have to admire a guy who doesn't mind being seen driving his wife's '68 Camaro with personalized plates that read 'HER68SS' :D

17. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Hey woody, in light of this thread and the one in general what pricetag would you put on:

69 Chevelle SS 396/375hp H.O. 4spd, 11xxx miles

Frame off resto, numbers matching, build sheet in tact ALL original minus the paint, distributor and carb. It's straighter than most new cars(really, you can't find a single wave in the paint). I wanna know if my uncle was a lunatic for letting it go for what he did.

18. rwood64083

Depending on options: sold by individual somewhere between 15 to 20k. Salesman will put a price tag somewhere between 20 to 30k on it. Barrett-Jackson... depending on the season/economy somewhere between 25 to 45k. This is all considering #s matching, correct color and options according to VIN and build sheet, etc.

Lots of variables, so take these numbers lightly. Also have to take into consideration options. Anything additional like factory or dealer installed tach, 12 bolt diff (typical with big block cars), posi, which transmission? You get the picture.

This info probably won't paint the picture and numbers a lot of people in this forum will agree with. And location (within the country) will play a role in pricing. Hope it gives you some idea on your guesstimate :cool:

19. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

It was a Muncie I believe, not sure about the size of the diff but it was definitely posi :D

I always figured it was worth more but I guess he did alright then, sold it for $22k. Shame though, it was absolutely gorgeous. Not your dime a dozen son/dad garage project you see at the local car cruise. Thanks :up:

20. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

The blue tail & fork legs look familiar. We need to meet up at CMP with the car guys; my brothers 69 Camaro has been making a few apperances there; you guys could talk paint & stuff while me & Stick drive and ride.