1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look at this tire

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Amazing how much 1 manufacturing flaw is a good way to kill somebody(s)

Glad he will recover. Hope he buys a lottery ticket

ducnut likes this.
  3. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I just saw Sam Lowes’ tire, on FB. Serious stuff, on a bike.

971ED841-3DB7-4D07-A419-50ED4F004034.jpeg

4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

And the words along with the pic....

"By now, we've all seen the state of Sam Lowes' rear Dunlop tyre at the end of the Indonesian Moto2 race.
    However, it has since been properly explained, and Dunlop actually came out looking somewhat unfairly bad.
    Apparently, the external temps on the tyres was the hottest Dunlop had seen in around a decade. A decade!!
    Pre race, they sent out an email stating that riders could choose their compound, but if they wanted to choose the softer compound then they would be advised to put them on from inside the box so that the tyres could stabilise better on the grid, thus extending tyre life.
    Lowes did not do this. They changed tyres on the grid. And this happened. Its why Lowes' and Chantra's were the worst tyres.
    I'm not saying Dunlop are the best tyres anyway, because they aren't. But they aren't known to fail either. Would bet good money that if Marc VDS had listened, his tyre wouldn't have looked half as bad at the end of the race.."

ducnut likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Razr likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

And that's why they make special Daytona tires. I wonder if that's just a standard compound/construction tire?

ducnut likes this.