Living abroad

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jun 29, 2017.

1. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Seriously. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

My mother was the same, she was still at war with them and the Japanese until the day she died.

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My emotions are raw after reading about the camps. I'm sure i'll be over it soon.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

It's definitely a tough pill to swallow. It's amazing to think how it really wasn't that long ago that all of that occurred.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, that's a little different. That shit was personal to her.

R Acree likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Anyone else struck by the irony of being lectured on worldliness by a guy who has never seen a loaf of unsliced bread? :D

R Acree likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

One word...Velveeta

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My FIL is Jewish and old enough to had family that was lost to the camps. He has never talked much about it, but will not buy German made products and didn't buy Japanese (knowingly) until the very late 1990s. For him it was very personal.

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, my Dad who actually saw action close up (my mother did as well being on an anti-aircraft gun crew) and saw the camps didn't really hold any grudges once it was all over.

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Ahhhhh,if it wasnt for the Germans and Japanese actions during WWII,we wouldnt be blessed with the beautiful motorcycles 99% of us race on...........trickle down effect.........jus' sayin':D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perhaps there is a difference between those that observed and those that were involved.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You should listen to this guy;
    Sounds to me like you need to stay off the damn internet. You can't take something you hear/read from one source or about one town and apply it to an entire country. There are good and bad places everywhere.

Imagine if foreigners read certain headlines from any given day from Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Miami, Houston, Atlanta, LA, etc and then used your reasoning and applied it to the entire country.

Things are pretty damn nice where I live.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

my girl's parents have a house there. they're all worried that israel is about to pop off soon though, said there's been a ramp up in the urgency and rhetoric lately. i wanna go visit with her, and her parents are there right now. would suck if we literally can't go next year or two years from now due to some retarded conflict (AGAIN). they all need to just chill the fuck out and stop inventing new perceived slights on all fronts, cause the climate/environment looks awesome there (actually it reminds me of socal) and i wanna go ride mountain bikes and eat kabobs something fierce. my girl had to bribe her way out thru Syria and Jordan when she was there in 06'. send broome though... armed F16s flying over your neighborhood to blow up the bridge down the hill a mile is no biggie... need to stay off the internet. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait, wut? Broome works for <deleted to protect the OCD dope>???? How the eff is that possible??? Their logo looks all out of balance. I get that it's technically symmetrical... but it just don't look right. That shit must drive him crazy!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2017
    Phl218 likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure if I would wander around east of Beirut. That's where the newly minted radicals catch the bus for Raqqa. Probably all sorts of interesting stuff going on in that area. haha

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I had a neighbor in Colorado that had a tattoo on his arm & drove a BMW 5series in the Summer & a Subaru Outback in the Winter.

I asked him about it once: "It's over." is all he would ever say about that time.

17. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Move to Thailand. There is a great racing scene there and the country has a lot to offer an expat for a comfortable and "cheap" life.

The US tax scheme though on worldwide income cannot really be avoided. If you do try to avoid it and get caught you'll wish you hadn't.

Come there in November with my group...we're riding around Northern Thailand and I could also take you to other place to show you some tracks and introduce you to the local racing scene

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  18. gpstar748

Unfortunately you can't escape American taxes in Andorra without utilizing some grey areas and even then, you'd have to be working for yourself, not for a multinational company

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have an idea: Why have damn income that you have to try to outsmart the US government to avoid double taxation? I'm serious.... if you're planning on living someplace cheap, like Thailand, get used to the fact that you can live like a king on $2,000 a month for the rest of your life. Reduce your income and your stress. Taxes are basically nothing on $24K a year, correct? If you must continue working and making a bunch of money, look into tax shelters like owning/running a legit company on the side. Or, just suck it up and give the govt their 50%.

20. gpstar748

I don't think Broome is talking about quitting his job and moving...his job allows him to live wherever he wants.