1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lift tables

Discussion in 'General' started by motomadman217, Dec 2, 2020.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I haven't drawn a paycheck from any company of which I was not the principal since I was 25. I know all about hard work, less about smart work, and maybe a thing or two about big boy pants. I think if you and I poured a beer over this subject we'd land on the same side regarding most of it. American companies need to work every day to remain competitive in a global market, AND they have a responsibility to the communities which rely on the jobs they create.

Unions, regulation, taxes, and a bunch of other shit that can't be discussed here all play their role in the issue. I was focusing on one valid point, not dismissing all other causes.

You criticized my decision to buy US made as a default. I believe you called it an oversimplification. I disagree. That's my decision and I personally believe that we would be a stronger country if more people drew that line in the sand. I will always buy an equal product for more money if it's American made, and I don't see changing my mind about that.

Wingnut, TurboBlew and Banditracer like this.
  2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I've owned a Handy lift for 23 years. $700 (if I remember correctly) and that was in real money. Still worth every penny. It is air cylinder operated with a front wheel chock and doesn't have the rear wheel drop out plate (they didn't have it back then). I wish I would have bought two, that's how "Handy" it is......:moon:

3. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I had a Handy lift for a while and that thing was a beast and worked great. However, I didn't always like having to use my air compressor every time I wanted to raise it (I didn't have a huge tank always on stand by like professional shops). If I were to buy another lift, I would go with the HF one unless you can find a Handy for sale second hand. It's cheaper and more convenient to raise and lower the HF in my opinion. None of my friends that use them has ever had any issues.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Just build one out of lumber. Cheap and strong. I've had both of these for years. Unless you are trying roll 1000 pound baggers on the lift sport bikes and dirtbikes are easy to take up and down with a ramp

upload_2020-12-4_14-18-6.png

YoshiHNS and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The adjustable height of a lift is a BIG plus if you're working on a variety of machines though.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

What mechanism for raising and lowering is preferred? Air, electric/hydraulic (something else)? And then I guess there are air bags and air cylinder variations as well.

7. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I prefer hydraulic. Simple, easy maintenance or repair if needed. And most importantly, no need to run my compressor every time I want to use it

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

For me, whichever system(s) provide a measure of speed control that isn't determined by how quickly I pump a lever or hit an on/off switch.
    I have lots of control with the foot valve on my pneumatic Handy.

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Here... found the perfect lift :Putter:

Rough stage:

Final stage:

jschuster2 likes this.
  10. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Exactly.... Have 3 used H If tables picked all of them up for less than $150.00) each.
    They all work , I have a RZ350,VFR750, Royal Enfield & the GSXR750 SRAD....They work just great with these lightweight bikes.
    A Cruiser or Harley...Not likley.
    But for the budget price....for the home garage....no brainer.
    Sure if I had the $$$ several of the others would be great to own.......but those days are gone....it's budget time from here till the end...lol

11. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Those are nice. I bought a couple used industrial scissor lift tables, electric over hydraulic, 110 volt. Welded a larger table top to it and it's good to go. Lift capacity 2000lbs. Smooth operation. I've got about $650 in each one.

KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  12. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

What, no pics! :dead:

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Oh whaddya you know?! You’ve spent too much time underwater and can’t be trusted! :D

jschuster2 likes this.
  14. jschuster2

lift2.jpg

Nothing fancy, it just works

KneeDragger_c69 and Phl218 like this.
  15. jschuster2

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I've used a few lumber tables. Nice and solid, and can make them as wide as you need. But I hate wheeling a bike up and down. Never feel 100% comfy I'm not going to drop it.

I like the used scissor jack DIY mod. Keep an eye on the inventory at the industrial surplus shop for a good one.