Legit electric car question

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Jul 13, 2023.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That and car prices are already too high because of the mob demands and now will go even higher.
    They price themselves out of the market for the majority of people. Those people won't be buying new any time soon.

StaccatoFan and Banditracer like this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Not the case with our Consulting crew...we had a dedicated customer...contract was maybe an annual thing to get the labor and software paid for, but the actual contract was every 5 years. Our asshole was just obsessing over trying to sell additional products outside the baseline agreement to pad his commission check even more. Our clashes were when he would try to get us involved in Sales work during consulting hours. My significant ethical issue was that the Customer was paying for my time at that point, not him. I felt it completely unethical to do his requests during that part of the work day...and it caused conflicts too because what he wanted often times the Customer said wasn't allowed.

Not to mention on some engagements/tasks I saw problems coming months in advance. And, I made them noted that these issues needed to get resolved or the solution wasn't going to be successful and we'd look like dumbasses.....I got brushed off..and what I predicted happened.

So, when a Sales Monkey won't listen to folks that are trained, certified and have a shit ton of experience with the technology...to the point that other consultants globally consult them for information....that Sales Monkey is an asshole and a dumb mother fucker.

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nothing a few dollars of stimulus spending won’t cure.

brex likes this.
  4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Darrin gets it

Those guys cut their own throats but they wont know if for a year or two

StaccatoFan and Banditracer like this.
  5. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only to a certain extent. Ask your local utility what they are paying for a contractor and you’ll be shocked. The only difference is that you’ll pay for the labor expense once when you purchase a car or monthly through your utility. 6 of one or a half a dozen of the. I make double what an autoworker makes per hour and that’s before you include my benefits, which are far better, but I’m just some dummy with a blue collar keeping your lights on.

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

That may be, but I have no choice in paying you.

I have to.

Capitalism has been removed from the equation.

I can buy 3 Korean cars for what 1 UAW car costs.

Please make sure you practice that union bullshit at home.

Hire union roofers, union plumbers union carpenters, union cement guys, and union electricians once it is your money on the line.

7. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

Trust me… I practice it at home. I have regrets doing so either.

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Test drove the model y this weekend. Really simple and cool car. To my surprise the lady that helped us out wasn't pushy in the least bit. She got us in the car gave us a quick run down of car operation and sent us on are way. The concept is so simple its intriguing. It was surprising a nice car. Very simple and clean interior which I really liked more then I thought I would. A lot more room then I expected also. When we returned lady ask if we had any questions and we discussed a couple things, went over some different models, and told her that we were going to discuss it and let her know. She tossed out a couple things about what is ending at the years end and when we should tried to make a decision by to get it all done in time and we left. I got to say it was a lot smother then I expected. So, right now I don't think we will be turning into china supporters and rolling in a tesla. For the numbers to make sense for a third car for us the lease would require a lot more down, and at that point it doesn't make sense to pull the trigger. Now, I have read rumor's that the credits may increase next year on certain models and prices may even be lowered. So we may roll the dice and see what happens. But overall they are pretty cool car.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Tesla starts delivering their trucks today....

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Picking up the Y model for a rental tomorrow on another trip up and around the Burgh, be interesting to compare it to the Model 3 .

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Leaked photos of the range display on the dash are insinuating that max range is <300 miles. Not great.

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Especially in Montana. It might work well with a lot of people though. As odd as it looks, I like it.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If ya want range get you the new Ram "EV" with the V6 range extender or whatever they're calling it. IIRC close to 700 miles range. I wouldn't touch a Stellantis product with a 50 foot pole, but the concept is solid. ICE motor isn't connected to the drivetrain at all- it only acts as a generator to charge the batteries.

15. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The thing is, unions are pricing themselves out of a large % of the population.

brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

The last decade, their trucks have been exceptional for the most part.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think most passenger vehicles these days are 4 cyl. and don't have the de-activation. The ones that still have it have gotten much better at it not being an issue. Eventually PHEVs and EVs will become more reliable as they roll through billions of miles of lessons learned.

From what I read in the article, I think a fair number of the EV issues were charging infrastructure related, which is why the Tesla was the most reliable EV as they have the best charging network. Can you imagine one automaker with their own fuel filling stations while other manufacturers use private filling stations with a non-compatible nozzle? Then add in pump rates that vary from fast to this is going to take 24 hours to refill. That is where we are with EVs right now. It will get better, even if not as fast as some want and maybe faster than others want.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That is like 150 miles in Montana with elevation changes and the cold.

Sue your optometrist. Seriously

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

There is no way in hell I'd want a first run cyber truck.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ya mean aside from the fact that children in the congo are digging up the raw materials for the batteries ?