1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by Sicilian32, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Sicilian32

Sicilian32 Well-Known Member

So dilema here. Ive been lifting and I got bigger. I already was a little too big for my 46 rs taichi evo suit now umm yeah it would be rough to get into. So what do you think would be the best choice. Sell the suit and get a pilot suit, get the suit tailored to fit by spyder leatherworks, or find another suit that would fit me well off the rack.. Im 5'11 225-230 with no gear and 49-50 inch chest but a 34 inch waist, kinda thick in the quads too. if anyone knows of an off the rack suit brand that is fit to those dimentions let me know.. also how is pilot quality comared to rs taichi?

2. HAYSTACK

HAYSTACK UP YORN

other than the chest does the suit fit the way you want in the rest of the areas? Looks like you will come out cheaper getting it tailored, or getting a new custom suit made to fit.

3. Sicilian32

well its a little tight in the biceps so so in the quads.. length is perfect in legs and arms neck fits good, crotch is a little tight as well but if there are girls at the track i think is sports my manhood rather well hahaha..

4. Sicilian32

how much would all that cost to get altered?

5. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

6. :crackhead:

Umm, why don't you just tell us your REAL reason for being here.

[​IMG]

NTTIAWWT :D

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

PM sent. :)

8. You obviously didn't read the details in the picture close enough.

:crackup:

9. Sicilian32

i cant see the pic you posted.. im at work and im deployed in a little place in africa and govt pc's block almost all image sharing.. but i imagine it was a pretty good joke so if it makes you feel better ill laugh ok.

10. Ok. Go ahead and laugh :up:

11. Sicilian32

ill respond later when i get on my laptop and can see it, although im sure it was derogatory. still back to the topic, anything constuctive you can add?

12. On topic is nowhere near as fun; but i will try. :D

How far are you off from your "normal" weight? When I used to box, i would lose 18-20lbs prepping for a fight (about 8lbs of that in the 2 days before by losing water), it didn't make sense to get different clothes for a weight that wasn't consistent.

Are you getting some "help" with your lifting right now? When i used to get help from, um, supplements, i would put on extra size (especially during the winter/offseason) and my clothes wouldn't fit exactly right until i got off of them and/or changed them up and went through a cutting phase. But again, i wouldn't go altering any of my clothes or buying a new wardrobe for that 8-12 week period.

If your current size is a "phase" then try to make due with it. Maybe get a lower profile chest/back protector.

If your current larger size is going to be your new "normal" size and/or these "phases" of larger size are going to be a regular thing every few months, then you might want to hit up Alexa about getting your suit altered.

13. Sicilian32

im not really bulking big time right now. i may cut down by 5 pounds and 215-225 is my normal weight. no suppliments besides protien and creatine. i will probably stay fairly close to this size as my shoulder cant take too much more weight since my highside, and id have to cut down to 0 percent body fat to get to 200 so thats not likely.. my main question is it better to get my rs taichi altered or go with pilot? crap sport bike track gear has the alpinestars rc1 for under 700 right now i could get a larger one of those and just shorten it too. so whats best and whats most cost effective... yeah youre right not as much fun.

14. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

when i raced i tried to be as small as possible, (155-160) cardio was a big thing, i just dont understand racing and bulking up, but each his own i guess. i would try to get the suit altered before you spend money on a new one, but a custom suit would be nice too

15. Sicilian32

i'm not a racer right now just a track day guy.. and for me it doesnt feel natural being that light

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

A week before the races I dont eat much and drink salt water a couple days before the race, I get down to 190 and I am 6'7. Suit wise just get it altered thats what I did it was like 60 bucks. I just grabbed the biggest one off the rack which was a 58 euro, had everything sucked in. It fits perfect now.

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

holy cow! I'm 6'8" & when i'm down to 230, I'm skinny- that's 50 pounds less than me- you've gotta be a bean pole!

18. Sicilian32

hahaha i think if i was 6'7" id weigh 350

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey now, you don't have to be 6'7" to weight that much....

20. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media