1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learn me on…an evening in San Juan

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, Jun 6, 2022.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

We are on a cruise and after hookers and blow nothing is really jumping out at us. We get off at 4:30’ish and back on at 11:00 tonight, what do we do?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Introduce yourself to everyone as Juan Epstein. :D

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buy a watch, eat, get shit on by the pigeons, eat, get stabbed, eat.

4. GixxerJohn011

If I buy another watch I will absolutely get stabbed by the wife…where should we eat? I guess I should’ve narrowed that down.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I’ll see if I can remember the places we hit for PR food.
    Mofongo (I like it with shrimp but chicken is okay), you can find awesome cerviche with plantain chips, if you like pork you’ll be in heaven.

and for a watch, my go to AD anymore is there. :D

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The Morton’s in the Caribe Hilton is good. :)

Best mofongo on the island is martin’s bbq in Humacao but you aren’t going to make it that far.

Oh, the empeñada stand on the water in ponce is amazing but… you aren’t going to make it that far.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Glad we figured out it was PR, not Costa Rica or Capistrano or the San Juan Islands...cheesh. :D

9. GixxerJohn011

So the first place was closed today but we got way too many empanadas at Dehistoria with a pretty good local sour beer…I forgot what it was called. Walked around a bit then ate Mofongo at LaGarita.
    Spot on recommendations! If you’re ever in San Antonio drinks are on me. 3 other couples from the ship followed us around and they all said you’re a standup guy that corners low.

Chino52405, Knotcher and cpettit like this.