1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on Spies

Discussion in 'General' started by galloway840, May 30, 2012.

1. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Really. Tho seems to be riding that slow ass Yami pretty fast.

2. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Hard to argue that Yamaha didn't get the 1000cc bike right. I don't see any slow Yamaha's this year anyway.

Top Speeds from the race.

46 Valentino ROSSI ITA DUCATI 336.0
    99 Jorge LORENZO SPA YAMAHA 336.0
    4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA YAMAHA 335.2
    11 Ben SPIES USA YAMAHA 333.2
    35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR YAMAHA 332.7
    19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA HONDA 332.5
    1 Casey STONER AUS HONDA 332.3
    6 Stefan BRADL GER HONDA 332.2
    26 Dani PEDROSA SPA HONDA 332.2

http://resources.motogp.com/files/results/2012/CAT/MotoGP/RAC/AverageSpeed.pdf?v1_e6178148

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Impatients causes mistakes. World champions aren't impatient...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bullshit.

And it's impatience.

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

whatever, I'm typing with two fingers :moon:

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Despite the spelling errors I must disagree. Ben is in fact a World Champion and he was in fact impatient Sunday. Facts.:D

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And trying to think with no brain.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm always amused how people assume that just because a bike had a deficit one year, it must carry over to next year (even after changing completely). That's how the myth of Rossi winning on a crap Yamaha was born. His 2004 M1 was crap in the same way this year's M1 is slow: NOT.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dang, how you gonna bring your inane Rossi hate to the Spies thread?

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Try to keep up, Carlton: the common thread is the Yamaha supposedly not being as good as the Honda. :Poke:

11. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

this just in! yamaha returns to WSBK fielding an all american team of Hayes and Spies!

wouldn't that be sweet :D

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Add Hayden as a replacement for Aoyama and you've got my full attention. :)

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hayden back on a Honder? They f@cked him pretty good the last time, I'd prefer to see him find a way of f@cking them, at least once. Well. besides the year he won the championship inspite of Honder.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Now you hatin on the asian guy!

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Grand Wizard Papa don't like no one but the whites. :D

16. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Despite the hard to refute and completely logical personal insults passing for arguments to the contrary leveled at any and all suspected of daring not worship at the Altar of Ben, I stand by my original assessment; it was a bonehead move not befitting someone at the pinnacle of racing.

Once again, I'll take the drubbing, threats, and personal insults from the blind faithful for not praising the move that ultimately ended his chance of a podium finish, if I must, but the fact is I've also known and raced with Ben in days long gone and I'm a fan of his. I also suspect that if you asked the man himself he would agree with me.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fact that it was a pass made by a rider at that level kind of negates your assertion that a rider at that level wouldn't make such a pass. The fact that riders at that level make such passes and suffer the consequences on a regular basis doesn't really help your cause.

It has nothing to do with it being Ben, has everything to do with your conclusion not making sense.

The repeated attempts at insults to people who like Ben are just silly and unnecessary. I have yet to see anyone who has said it was a good pass or who thinks falling down is a good thing. Your issues with people who are fans of his actually puts you into the category of just another troll looking for attention rather than allowing you to be taken seriously when voicing your opinion.

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Who is Tortuga anyhow?

19. Tortuga

But he didn't MAKE the pass. He crashed. That's the opposite of making the pass. Anyone can run it into a turn too hot and pass everyone, but if they run off and crash because of it that doesn't exactly put a feather in their cap.

That's why it was a mistake, not the passing part, the crashing part.

20. Tortuga

I am a fan of Ben's! Why would I insult someone for being a fan?