1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last Day of Work

Discussion in 'General' started by Spicoli, Sep 25, 2007.

?

How should I spend the afternoon of my last day of work?

1. Blow off work and go have fun

58.7%
  2. Stay all day, and leave on a high note

41.3%
  1. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Well, it's now 1:30, this is my last day here, and I have a pile of stuff to get done. Should I blow off the rest of the day, and say go catch a movie, or should I grind it out and leave on a really high note?? :D

Oh, and I'm trying to make it a poll, but obviously, I have no idea how to do that...

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

How do you have much to do on your last day?

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Blow it off and hit a movie. Should be some good stuff out to go see.

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

It's called being a mid-level accountant at a large publicly traded company (McKesson). There is ALWAYS a pile of stuff on my desk.

Oops, I mean there are people coming in constantly, ordering fries and Whoppers. Just because I'm leaving, doesn't mean the grill shuts off! :D

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

On my last day at my last job, I stayed a bit late to make sure that everything was in order. I really enjoyed working there, but I enjoyed moving on more (obviously).

I am still invited to events, and one of the owners recently said to me that I am welcome to all company functions because "You're family".

It depends on how you want to leave. If I could have blown off my last day, I would have, and very happily. But, I am still included in functions, and I have a place to work if my current position doesn't work out.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is there someone you really hate there, or a woman you really like? I can think of a few suggestions.

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Either idea should be enough of a high note. :D

8. Since you already voted on your own poll, you should do as you voted :)

9. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Never burn a bridge that you don't absolutely have to.

10. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

i voted the same!!! i agree completely, you never know who you will run into down the road and might need something from them! :up:

11. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Well, I wouldn't really be burning a bridge, since I've done probably 110% of what they actually expected me to do over the last couple of weeks. Plus, I made this kick-ass document with instructions on how to complete 80-90% of my regular tasks, with cool hyperlinks in the contents section, and handed it off to both my manager, and my manager's manager last week. It was VERY well received. :D

As for being invited to company events, this is a very large corporation, they don't have any type of "company picnic" or anything to be invited to, and even if there was, there's no way that an ex-employee would get an invite.

As for S&S, dude, I was just trying to get the ball rolling. Frankly, I'm SHOCKED at the current 50/50 split!! :D

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

There are no Whoppers at Zaxby's...oh wait, nevermind that's where Scotty works.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

No one expects to see you after lunch on your last day. Well, unless there's going to be cake and then they're just using you. Hit the road! :beer:

14. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Skip the movie and hit a strip club.:D

15. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Still here, for the record. Actually, my boss's boss just walked by, and I heard, "yep, he's still here!". I'm taking that as a cue that I can sneak out anytime I want! :D Now I just need to check moviephone, and see what's playing and when! :up:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are they going to do? Fire you?

Get the hell out and go to a bar.

17. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Strip club.

18. AL GOODWIN

AL GOODWIN Well-Known Member

Burnt bridges are hard ones to cross.

Work out the day and enjoy.:up:

19. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Done. For the record, I ended up sticking around until about 6, handing stuff off to my boss.

So far, new job is pretty cool. I get to boss around a few people now, this could get interesting! :D

20. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Be sure you are fully aware of the harassment policies. ;)