1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kubica injured in rally crash

Discussion in 'General' started by derby369, Feb 6, 2011.

1. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

2. 418

418 Expert #59

The hell was he doing in a rally car? Looks like a massive shunt.

Shame.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't his first. If I remember correctly, he did the Monte Carlo rally last year.

4. DASH26

DASH26 Active Member

Won't be long until world class racers need to sign agreements limiting their extra curricular activities similar to actors. Too many examples of riders/drivers being injured off the track.

JP

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's already the case. He gets permission to do this.

Obviously, this accident will probably a game changer.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That sucks...I like Bob. Get well racer.

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

That totally sux ass.

Somehow, do you think that if F1 drivers were allowed ti test, they wouldn't be trying to keep sharp by doing other forms of motorsport? This time of year they would most likely have a heavy testing schedule and wouldn't be allowed to participate in other events.

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Interesting point.

9. GSX-R 3/4K

GSX-R 3/4K Well-Known Member

sad news...

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

sucks

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't really think so. It's too radically different. Guys like Kubica just happen to enjoy rallying. He would be better off practicing in a kart if it was about the amount of track time.

13. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

Thats awful news. I'm a big fan of his. But thats awful for anybody.........

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Indeed. Sliding around in a Rally car has zero in common with modern F1 for sure. Just ask Kimi:D

15. sideways_skinny

sideways_skinny i need about, tree-fitty

Money involved with testing is huge, and they are hurting for money like everyone else.

It's a pity this happened, he was a decent driver, and I am curious to see if this effectively ends his career. I hope not.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

17. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Horrible.

Horrible.....

18. Mad_Max

Mad_Max Well-Known Member

That is sad, sad, news he's a national hero...I hope he is ok and this is not the end to his Formula 1 career. He was one of the sleepers this year as he had one of the fastest times (if not the fastest) in the first test.

:(...really hope he gets better and they save the hand

19. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I liked it when current F1 drivers would also be found behind the wheel of a sports prototype, Can-Am car or other forms of motorsports, but incidents like this are what keeps the drivers from being limited what they can race and when.

Here is to a quick and full recovery!