1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keith Farmer dead

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 11, 2022.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

He always stuck me as someone willing to hustle to make dreams happen. And he did in many ways. Sorry to read he passed.

3. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

And Jim Cray too. I still have the old emails between him getting me setup with an MCUI license so I could race in the Manx GP.

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Anyone know how he died? I've seen posts about it on FB since yesterday but not a single mention of what happened. To my knowledge he was retired from racing. Sad news nevertheless. I watched him win at Assen when I was there in 2017 for BSB. He ended up winning the championship that year too. Dude was fast! RIP Keith.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Cause of death was listed as "sudden and unexpectedly" I believe.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not going to out a good bbs friend who I totally enjoy talking with in private worked with this kid. When I saw that he had passed it took me a day to connect the dots. Man, I had shot the shit about Keith a ton over the years.

never met Keith, never spoke with him but, this really stings.

I don’t know how much more gas in the tank for these threads. My heroes are dying, my contemporaries are dying, the kids are dying. . . The kids of my contemporaries are dying. I’m holding on my my fingertip.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Alot of that going around lately.

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP.....racer.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Normally people would be asking questions.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Im just tired of reading and hearing about this stuff. Nothing beyond that.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Older we all get the more it happens.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Yes but it’s not important. Keith is a friend of mine and spoke with him last week for a bit which is at times a nice change over texting.
    Keith was a racers racer, heart of an f ing lion, there was no quit in him. I will miss him but that’s very insignificant compared to how much his children and Sam will. He was finally race for after some gnarly crashes and injuries. One thing he didn’t f$ck about with was crashing. When he crashed they were usually ones for the highlight reel. He is the type of racer that make stuff like fitness checks and concussion protocols really show their value, he gave zero f’s about pain when it came to racing. Always said physical pain goes away but pain of not racing doesn’t.
    2017 his battle with Andy Irwin was awesome. Couple times that year I thought I was going to have to show his brother Glenn and his dad some good old fashioned American ass kicking justice. The attached pic summed it all up though. When the championship was wrapped up they both showed mutual respect.
    Thanks for all the memories buddy and some of the racing stuff I have hanging in my office (and the stuff you’d send to my son hanging up in his trophy room) will have a bit of a new twist To it when I glance over at it.
    guess we will have to put off a unicorn hunting trip until we meet again buddy (he’s always give me shit about going hunting and not even seeing anything let alone shooting at something).

Attached Files:

418 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry to all of you who knew him directly and his family. :(

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Then why is it being kept such a secret? None of the news articles mention it. I think cause of death is always important when someone dies, especially when it's someone so young.

15. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

That’s starting to hit home now that my mom is in serious decline.

RIP racer