1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep up the French boycott

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sdiver, May 7, 2003.

1. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Frank, I completely reject that argument as vaild. I do not believe that the 'Greater Good' argument (even when true) is justification for supporting atrocities.

I wasn't familiar with Carter's involvment in Iraq, so I did not include him.

2. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

Big difference in selling a man a gun when he's 21, never done anything wrong, and trusting him..... another thing to sell someone the same gun 40 years later after he's gone to jail 3 times for shooting people (example, not meant to imply Hussein)..... we gave a young government that was fighting Iran the tools to do so, they then took those tools and used them for worse things..... not the person who gave the tools fault........ now if we gave them the tools within the last year (AHEM, insert france, china, russia, syria).... then I would feel like I was watching a bad episode of "24"....

3. Due North

Zeb, are you suggesting that Hussein never commited a single atrocity whilst supported by the US?

The fact is, atrocities are perfectly acceptable, as long as they are not comitted against Americans or their allies. Look at Isreal-Palestine as an example. The Isreali government continues to enjoy military and economic support from the US government while commiting daily crimes against humanity.

4. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

I think, now that Germany and France are friends...
    maybe we should let the Germans invade them again?
    Let the Germans take over like they wanted to in the past.
    ONLY this time.. our heroes ( The American GI ) will not
    die on thier f***king beaches, trying to free them, being mowed down by the may machine gun nest.

And as a side note : Commy-bastard blue dress stainning
    cigar funky sex crazed DRAFT dodging COWARD,
    Bill Clinton, thinks he had the right to walk on that
    beach where so many of our country, brave men in battle,
    died. Just to see that piece of crap there made me want to:Puke:

5. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

lesser of two evils my friend.....

6. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

PLEEEEEZZZ ! Give me a brake !
    I guess the human terrorist bombers don't do anything
    but go "PoP ! It is all the poooor poooor Jews fault... right?
    yeh. What ever

7. Due North

1) Judaism is a religion, I was talking about the Isreali government.

2) I did not, nor will I ever, condone the actions of groups like Hamas.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

"cheese-eating-surrender.." ahem, I´m sorry but it´s cheese-eating, rifle dropping surrender monkeys. Back to your regularly scheduled program..........

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

"I don´t consider myself stupid..."but I just read your posts on this thread. Hate to break the news to you but Sorry,......you´re stupid:p

10. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Well, since you're a resident of Canada, a country wholly irrelevant on the world stage and therefore rarely in the sights of any teapot dictators or terrorists, I'll take the time to explain it to you. After all, no one in the world much gives a shit about Canada so it's not surprising you don't have any experience being the target of small-minded religious wackos. We, on the other hand, have the most powerful economy on earth and somehow the Islamic nutcases think that makes us an enemy of Islam or some such crap.

In 1978, Iran was taken over by an Islamic fundamentalist government. This government took several hundred Americans hostage for 444 days. As such, we had a very strong interest in seeing that government removed and it's principals strung up. The obvious answer to that question would be, fire up the tanks and planes and go kick some ass.

But, lo and behold, Iraq was kind enough to get into a full-on shooting war with Iran. So now we have two options: do it ourself or simply feed the other side weapons and let them do it for us. The latter option is appealing because 1) it doesn't risk American lives, and 2) it weakens both parties. So even if we don't care for Iraq, once it's over we only have one ass to kick, rather than two, and the remaining one isn't as strong as it was at the start.

So we supplied Iraq with materials to fight Iran, saving us the trouble and the bloodshed. And at that time, crushing Iran was VERY high on the priority list because we don't stand for third-world shitholes taking our people hostage. We're funny that way.

So they battled it out and eventually called it a draw, after doing much harm to each other, and our involvement stopped. So no, I don't hold Bush, Rumsfeld, Reagan, or anyone else in the same regard as the sorry fucks in France who would issue passports to fleeing Iraqi leaders. How you can equate the above with offering aid and comfort to people responsible for countless human atrocities is beyond me. People that are essentially on the run to avoid having to pay for the atrocities they committed while in power. To me, offering that aid makes you complicit in the actions of these people.

Now if it turns out to be not true, I'll still have no use for the French, but I'll retract my desire to nuke them into the stone age. But if it IS true, the folks responsible deserve to be shot right along side the Iraqis responsible for the torture chambers, children's prisons, mobile chemical weapons labs, mass graves, state-sponsored rapes, etc.

The time has come for terrorism to be wiped from the face of the earth. You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Also, don´t forget there´s evidence that the government of Iran was behind the suidcide bombing of the Marine barracks (sp) in Lebanon .......

12. Due North

mtk: Delusions of grandeur must make you feel wonderful. Maybe 'Islamic nuts' hate Americans because American governments treat their lives as commodities. Maybe if successive American governments didn't spend so much time and effort fucking with them and trying to kill them, then they wouldn't consider Americans the enemy, now would they?

Wasn't the American government also selling weapons to the Iranians at the same time?

13. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

No delusions of grandeur here, Due. It's a simple fact that we have the largest economy on the planet.

As for the Islamic nuts, there's been a lot better explanations into that mindset than yours. That area of the world is considered the cradle of civilization. At one point, it was a world leader in math and science. Now it's a third-world shithole. No, it would have to get better to move up to being a third-world shithole. They have nothing in the way of science or technology. They produce nothing of value on the world market (oil being the only exception). The levels of poverty there are simply astounding. And this doesn't sit too well with the proud Arabic male. But rather than blame it on their own failings, they blame the USA. We must have become the richest nation on earth by screwing them over somehow. Because that's a lot easier to stomach than the reality of the fact that their own governments have got them to this point. PBS had a special on it not too long ago, in fact.

Osama Bin Laden is still pissed off about the Crusades, for pete's sake. Something that happened over 700 years ago. America, being considered a generally Christian nation, is now the focal point of this anger. Why not Britian? After all, they were a key player in the Crusades. Oh, that's right, they're not nearly as high profile as we are so they're not a good focal point for fostering hate and class envy. But the gleaming Twin Towers in NYC provide an excellent image of wealth and power in the hands of infidels to rail against.

And as for killing them, I'm all for it. Folks who support terrorism are a vermin that need to be wiped from the face of the earth. Along with their suporters. And bury them with pig parts while we're at it, defiling their graves for all time. If Osama wants a holy war, I say we give him one.

And exactly how have we spent so much time trying to kill them? By supporting Israel? That alone is enough to piss them off. But then again, these folks think the only good Jew is a dead one. I don't think we should suport Israel, but only because I don't think we should support anyone outside the USA. But beyond that, I don't have a problem with Israel's actions. It's a Jewish state formed after WWII. A war in which 6 million Jews were slaughtered by a government. I think their people have earned the right to say "never again" and defend themselves with whatever vigor they deem necessary to prevent another round of genocide.

14. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

well said

15. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Well said mtk. I think the real reason Bin Lauden is pissed at the US is that while he was a little boy Daddy was too busy making a furtune off US monies to spend any time with him! :D

Come on, what has the US done to those sh*theads to deserve terrorist attacks? Sure we helped make the rich richer in those countries and that a perfect example of why trickle-down doesn't work. Is it our fault the rich didn't distribute it more amoung the poor? Bin-ie-boy was one of those rich kids... Ok next we help the sh*t-head fight off the Soviets in Afgan... Oh, now he hates us because of what we did to him? Please.... That's just his rallying call. As mtk stated, it's primarly fueled by jealuousy (sorry, I can't spell at the end of the day, either!) It is amazing what people will do in the name of their god... Bin-ie-boy is just taking advantage of that...

16. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

I don't get all the drama from the north (nothing new there).

We wanted to do something we felt was necessary. Some countries supported it. Others opposed it.

BUT, France didn't just oppose it, France went out of its way to back stab us by launching coordinated measures to see that our efforts failed. To me, that's a fight... plain and simple. It is a fight that France started. France turned it into a competition and France WON that competition in the UN arena.

What France failed to understand is the impact the internet has on sharing information and grass roots responses, and the extent of anger their actions created in INDIVIDUAL Americans.

LOL. Nobody said France COULDN'T do what it did. We are just saying that the fight didn't end with the diplomats at the UN. We are still in it and throwing some good body shots. :clap:

17. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

You have to be able to put aside your own values in order to understand someone else's. Especially if they're very different. Note that understanding has nothing to do with whether you agree.

Western economies and culture are largely based on globalism as opposed to say, tribalism. Rather than jealousy, something like 'McDonald's vs. Jihad' would be more accurate.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I'm trying to visualize Ronald McDonald sparring with Osama bin Laden! :D
    mtk, those two posts are things of beauty! :clap: