1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K7 1000cc sprocket and chain setup

Discussion in 'Tech' started by frankie Valencia, Feb 3, 2023.

1. How's it going, everyone? I have a quick question for you guys I was looking to change up my sprocket and chain setup on my 07 GSXR liter bike for the AFM 2023 season. I'm currently running an ERV3 520 chain attached to a 16t front sprocket (-1) with an AFAM 15605-44 aluminum rear sprocket (+1). I was wondering what setups are being used out there at the moment. Thanks!
    P.S. I'll be racing at Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill this season. Thanks!

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I was thinking Thunderhill requires a 2.72 final drive ratio?? so youre pretty close. Maybe go to a 43 or 42 ... what kind of times do you run there?
    Laguna will be the same... not sure on Buttonwillow.

3. This will be my first year racing with AFM. I am completing the NRS school on March 12 and will be racing the weekend of March 18-19. I finally made the decision to start racing after a few years of running strictly track days (also funds are finally available to allow this to happen). I am becoming familiar with the rules and regulations, but I have been doing a lot of research and I keep coming to the same predicament where I can't find the specific requirements for race classes. I can only find tech inspection forms, etc. I am trying to get my bike set up currently to be allowed to compete ( I do want to start with an SV650, but the bike market is just a little too wild for me at the moment or the bike is just too far away). Currently, my 07 is set up with: Front Ohlins 25mm cartridges, Rear Penske 8983 shock, Brembo 16 RCS lever hydraulic clutch cylinder, Brembo 19x18 master brake cylinder and lever, Dynojet Quickshifter, Full motion Pro Throttle body, Leo Vince SBK dual exhaust, Yamaha R1 front brake calipers, woodcraft rearset, stainless steel braided lines, lightened rear brake disc, and the sprocket kit mentioned above. I am sure I'm missing a few things. This was just off the top of my head.