1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just landed in Cincinnati for a wedding

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t call escaping to Ohio, escaping exactly. :D

rd400racer and Robin172 like this.
  2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I better say I was single when I was cruising Cincy and married now in Texas!

I've always liked Cincy. I like the view of the city coming up 75 going north.

Boman Forklift and rd400racer like this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I see what you did there :D

4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

When compared to anyplace in the state of California, I would.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Locusts?

6. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Wow, that place is still going? It's in Mount Adams right? I remember going there a few times back in college in the late 90's. Was a cool scene back then.

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I was there last week.

USracer900 likes this.
  8. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

A few weeks ago I sat in their court yard by a fire, watched the stars come out, listened to live music and drank beer.

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I think the main thing is "People still get Married?" Haven't they read this forum??????

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, that’s exactly what I thought. I think the past two years my daughter has been to 10-12 weddings of sorority sisters and friends from high school.

Surprisingly I can only think of one of Tyler’s friends that have married.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, everyone.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just some Belgian that moved there. Much more history tied to Germany than anywhere else with a big dollop of scots/irish from the Appalachians.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ick. I bet you like Pepsi too.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I remember years ago a cousin got married. My brother caught hell because he didn't go, said he would go to her next wedding, he was at her next wedding.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

An entire mile away from her house...how is it I have not heard of them? Going to have a serious discussion about food with those people.... She has told me about the Miami Market and Pops Donuts is good although I like Holtmans better.

18. eggfooyoung

Yeah, you need to have that conversation for sure. The kids and I are actually sitting in their (Josh and Nicole -owners of Pickles and Bones) other restaurant right now. Equally as good, if not better!

https://www.allhailthebiscuit.com/

I prefer Holtmans too. Their powdered cake donuts check all the boxes for me.

cpettit likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

Fun fact: Josh was the head chef at The Golden Lamb.

Herb, the owner of Miami Market, was the executive chef at P&G.

Both said screw it, and did their own thing. Herb bought Miami Market from someone, but Josh and Nicole first set up shop in a concession trailer in BP's parking lot right there at 131 and Wolfpen. All 3 are awesome food spots that we're very, very fortunate to have.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow, haven't been to the Golden Lamb since before he was even born :crackup: I remember the food truck at the BP.