Just in...

Discussion in 'General' started by DavieStone, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

Is that the pit entrance?

2. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

It looks like he finally gave up on posting his racing exploits on his site.

3. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

No...He pulled the white flag out and was either rolling it up or pulling it together to put up the half way marker. I thought it was the white and so did two other guys on the pit wall. They had shorten the races so I wasnt paying attention to what lap we were on. Either way I screwed up...you race to the checker and any other flags are fyi. Still yet...I started 15 bikes back, with a bike that was over heating because some clown held up the race because he didnt have his helmet strapped. I made it thru the pack and just took my time, short shifting to let the bike cool down.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Davie, did you finally kill that Honda and now you're gonna buy a Suzuki? :D

5. DavieStone

Both Dale and I had made our flyer laps when a red flag went out. We didnt know that they were not counted...so I used the rest of the session to try and pull some more setup out of the bike and would only do 3/4ths of a lap and pull in for another twist of a preload knob or rebound/compression adjustments. Both Dale and I were gridded in the last two positions 15 or so bikes back of pole.

Our timers had us with Toye P1, Me P2, Dale P3 and then Reno to round out the top four.

6. DavieStone

The bike that Dale rode was his last years race bike loaded with Marachini rims and plenty of trick bits. The bike that he didnt ride was a Jordan superbike.

7. DavieStone

Dale and I had to start from the back and made it thru 10 or so riders when we cleared the pack with me in the lead. It was on the last lap and I am pretty sure that Dale and I had it in us to nip the lap record that existed prior to the race.

And ya Brian....that is pit entrance. It was the last corner (left before the right) going on to the front straight. Wada, couda, shoulda...but I am going to tell ya...this would have ended the last two race streak that Dale had of beating me...err...at least on this day.

Shit happens. Before and after pictures:D

Attached Files:

8. DavieStone

Not a chance. This bike is faster than fuck, handles like a dream and makes me look sexy!:D:D

9. Shady

Shady Well-Known Member

That sucks...you might not be able to fix that exhaust.

10. You are a decent racer but you are really delusional. Dale was being held up then got to you and had a hair more than a lap to get around you. He was clearly faster. You were jerky and inconsistent and it turned out the way it did.

Facts are:

1) Dale beat you (and would have even if you kept it upright)
    2) You didn't set the record you claimed you would.

Pay up

11. trussdude

Since when does Davie let the facts get in the way in one of his race reports?

He's been working on that RDF (reality distortion field) for years.

12. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Hey, Pat, if you've got a desire to come racing, I'll take you around about September.

I'm (maybe) doing Miller on a 250 rental in May, then going to take an extended break until Sept.

Who knows? We may pit with a rebuilt Davie Stone! Won't that be grand?

(Nate, who the hell are you? I think I should know you by now...)

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So did another theoretical lap record just get broken on the BBS? :D

I haven't been following this whole thing. Who is the Dale dude?

14. trussdude

My racing will be limited to pedal and leg power from now on.

15. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Keiffer, and I actually believe he was running slower than usual this weekend. I was riding FASTER than usual, and crashed right behind him getting too hard on the gas (lowside, or I hit and separated during the lowside part when the bike highsided, actually, since the damage was on the 'wrong' side).

16. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Fair enough, and you have my respect. I gave it an honest assessment and figure I can never win anything but a TT on a bicycle, so I limit bicycling to my daily fitness torture.

17. DavieStone

Did timing and scoring come around?

Fact are:

1. You did not see when Dale and I were doing hot laps in practice and I was all over him and I counted four spots on the track where I could have over took him.

2. When Dale and I came into the bowl side by side on the first lap of the Formula open...him on the inside....I went around him on the outside to pass him and the next three riders.

3. Fact is...you have no clue as to what was happening with the front end on the bike that was causing me to lose it several times before I finally did and look shaky.

4. You didnt also know that Dale said that I had crazy drive out of the turns and it was hard for him to catch me. Matter of fact...catching me on a one line track is one thing and passing me on it are another.

5. Fact...there was only one guy running faster than me this weekend and it wasnt Dale. The race weekend before...he owned me like his bitch.

Last...Dale is a friend of mine and worthy of much respect. I respect him to the fullest...but neither of us would give one another a inch on the track and we play very fair.

This year Dale is the guy to beat. On this weekend...I was faster...but it doesnt count when you cant keep it on two wheels. Lets face buddy...you dont have what it takes to beat me...not many in this region can...so you are nothing special. You are taking your view of things from the pit wall where you belong when the big boys go to play. The day that you could even finish on the same lap as I or for that matter keep me and Dale within view...then you can talk. Until then...its all conjecture.

Until next time...;)

18. DavieStone

Dave...it was hot out, very fucking hot hence the slower times. When Dale and I came around you in qualifying we were lapping a full 10 seconds a lap faster. Like I said...when you try to follow us thru corners and think that just because we are doing it and not "push up" the bike...you will crash. Which happen because you left it on it side and tried to power out like we do. Sucks...but you learned another lesson that you can tuck in your pocket and work on the next go around.

19. DavieStone

Here.... http://racersedgeperformance.com/about-us/

And worthy of much respect.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK. I read "Dale" in a few posts and didn't connect to other posts that said "Kieffer" with no first name. I've just been skimming this (familiar-looking) discussion.