Just got my first Hand gun!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RR_Kid, Jul 8, 2005.

1. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

well, i know we've go some gun guy's in here so i thought i'd share.

Just got my first handgun yesterday...Ruger P95DC 9mm

Hope to get out to a range soon to see if i can even hit the targets.

:up:

Lates

JON

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

9mm? sissy. :Poke:

:D i've got 3 handguns, all different styles. unfortunately, i haven't got to shoot any of them since last deer hunting season. :(

3. dsb

dsb Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking about that kid in the christmass movie and his Red-Rider B-B gun... "You'll put your eye out"

4. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

Re: Re: Just got my first Hand gun!!!

Well...i'm not exactly the biggest guy you'd ever see...so i think a 9mm is all my wrists could handle without snaping them off...

5. V7 Jerry

V7 Jerry Well-Known Member

I had a ruger P95C as my first gun as well. I shot decent with it but couldn't ever get consistant groups. I went out later and bought a G19 Glock and had a lot better luck with getting tighter and more consistant groups. It could have been me or it could have been the gun as some of my friends couldn't shoot consistant with it either.

Either way congrats on the new purchase, now it's time to go get the concealed carry permit! :beer:

6. skee

skee # 358

Your Body size means nothing. Big Bore's are fun. Just remember. breath....sight alignment and a steady consistant trigger pull. And you can't miss. :up:

DONT JERK THE TRIGGER.:down:

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

time for a handgun rollcall so we can see who all the crazies are:
    i'll start

H&K USP .40
    Taurus Stainless 44mag 6in barrell Leopold scope...mmm get some
    Smith&Wesson .38 airweight

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You don't need grouping...

Just tade in your P95 for a Deagle or a Taurus...

No grouping needed with a hand cannon

:D

9. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

My first gun was a Ruger P93. It was the most inacurrate thing ever. I hear the 95 is better. I got a Glock 27 after I sold the P93. Never shot it.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

now we're talkin. :D

Magnum Research BFR .454 Casull (my first handgun)
    Magnum Research Lone Eagle in 7mm-08
    Kimber Gold Cup .45

11. dsb

dsb Well-Known Member

9x23 Strayer Voigt
    9x25 Dillon Strayer Voigt
    .40 STI
    10mm Strayer Voigt
    38 super Para
    9mm Browning

sorry, no wheel guns...

12. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Cool, you've got an H&K. You'll have to go with me and The Sheik next time we go to the range. Now I just need to find someone local with a Sig.

-Steve

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

H&K's rock. easiest, most accurate auto i've ever shot. it can shoot hairs off a roach's ass at 15ft. :D

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Full on race gun??

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glock26
    Beretta 92

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I have or have had quit a few.:D

17. tim503

tim503 Well-Known Member

The P95 is just fine. It's not the most accurate thing out there, but mine was acceptable. I could hold about a 5 or 6 inch group at 50 yards with it as long as I hadn't been drinking too much coffee. :D That's not using any sort of rest or anything. Just standing with both hands. As for the 9mm vs big bore issue... well, if you learn to shoot well, it's not gonna matter. Shot placement is what counts.

That said, my current favorites are my Beretta P9000S and my Para Ordnance P12. :cool:

Here's an interesting website that has some cool "back yard ballistics" tests: http://www.theboxotruth.com/

18. dsb

dsb Well-Known Member

Yeah, the SV's and the Para are open guns, the STI and 10mm SV are Limited. I shoot the Hi power in production, but not very much, its kind of finicky...

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

20. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I bought a P14-45 to convert to a race gun a few years ago but gave up on it because the mags suck so bad. I still think about building it tough. Don't STI mags work in the Para?

Of course I think if I get back into shooting heavily, and start shooting IPSC then I will stick to production and just use the Sig or Baretta.