1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. NE Ga. I don’t want a newer alum boat, they pull too much money for what they are and what I’ll be using it for. I’ll put that 4-6k delta in price from an older one in good shape vs a newer one into a glass boat when I find the exact one I want. Going to look at an 11 Bullet this weekend with a 250 xs, decent electronics, no power poles, 36v trolling motor 100 or 102 MinKota with spot lock, all new batteries and only 92 hours and he has the print out as well. Over 70% of the hours are below 3000 rpm so basically the guy didn’t use it. Plus it’s all white with a bit of silver and grey snap in carpet which is exactly what I want. He wants 36 I think. Been for sale for a while but searching for it he didn’t really advertise it in places that get any traffic. Also only 2 small scuffs in the rub rail, no scratches, etc. kept in a large climate controlled “garage” but judging by the Prevost chassis rv and about 10 cars under covers it’s not your typical garage and the guy obviously has some money or a damn good loan officer. The thing got serviced on time wether it needed it or not, batteries are not cheap ones at all either. Even comes with a 100’ 10;ga extension chord on a reel. He also has a golf cart sitting back there plus another one by the rv. I’d like to snatch one of those as well but haven’t asked if they are for sale.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea, I don't remember the details I could get them, but your aways from ohio. I think he wanted 8k if I remember right.

3. assjuice cyrus

Send some pics of that boat it sounds badass.

4. Find out. I actually will be on mi and ind next week. I could actually drive.

5. assjuice cyrus

P.m. your number and i can send you dick pics...

Shit,i mean boat pics.. :crackup::crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  6. That’s just not right.

7. Even -2lb fish are a blast to catch on topWater

Attached Files:

Funkm05 likes this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Anything is a blast on top water.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Wtf is up with the tail fin?

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Just moving. They rarely stop. So it’s just a matter of its position as the camera snaps.

11. Exactly which is always fun with super sharp hooks.

12. I took all the fishing theories and blew them out of the water. Mid summer bright sun, 80+ degree water pulling fish up from 20’ with a spook. Fishing shallows mid day with little to no cover in spots. My go to lately though is position the boat about 20-30 yards from a ledge, cast into the shallow cover, as soon as the cover breaks to clear water they will hit it. Some fish chase it through cover while others are in the deeper water just waiting for a meal. Did get more Zara spooks in bone color in the mail yestday. Loaned all mine out to a friend going on a trip which then got stolen so I’ve been using chug baits and spooks that I painted with as close as I could get to bone color krylon.

One trick for new folks is keep a variety of markers with you and a few paint markers. Sometimes just adding some blue marker over chrome for example is enough to change the light / reflection or whatever they see to get them to hit. I always have a black and 3M black vinyl wrap (or electrical tape in a hurry) at night.

13. assjuice cyrus

14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

15. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I've made it a goal to catch a 20"+ bass on ultralight tackle this year. I lost one that might have made it. I keep catching nice channel cats on small roostertails. This one earlier today was my biggest of the year. Over 24".

FB_IMG_1535823344271.jpg

Hell of a fight on 4 lb test. It took the better part of 10 minutes to land it.

ToofPic likes this.
  16. I hate catfish.

I scored 3 Ardent reels today in 5.3, 6.4 and 7.3 for 150. They are pretty much new and retail for 170 each. He’s going to hold a couple more back for me after I try these. One nice thing is I have ceramic bearings that will fit as well.

Funkm05 likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

For those of you that might be keeping track...

Skunked again....

Bass tracker for sale with a nice fish finder on it.:crackup::crackup:

18. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

I find it easier to catch fish in smaller bodies of water. I've caught over 30 bass in a 10 acre lake close to home. None of them big, but really fun on my ultralight rig. An old man caught a 9 pounder there while he was trout fishing back in the spring. I've been catching a lot about this size.

FB_IMG_1535908374172.jpg

ToofPic likes this.
  19. 2nd place today with 10 3oz. Won big fish at 3 11oz.

BHP41 likes this.
  20. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

20180901_104623.jpg

Got this 40" on a boat side hit yesterday.