Johnny Rea to replace Iannone?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Sep 15, 2017.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Is it WSBK riders, or the fact that Rea's getting older and is likely to only ride for a few more years plus he doesn't have significant MotoGP experience. Regardless of who they hire to race, I don't see how Suzuki is going to succeed without a 3rd bike for data. Either that or they need to hire a test rider who's still good enough to race, with years of MotoGP experience but with shitty ride prospects. Yonny Hernandez would fit that bill. They need their own Mika Kallio.

In all honesty, I'm willing to bet that KTM is going to start beating Suzuki regularly within the next 2 seasons. They seem to be serious. To be more specific, I'd wager KTM's points total in both riders and constructors championships will be higher in 2019 than Suzuki.

Suzuki is putting forth the same half assed resource starved effort they always have. Honestly, why do they even bother? Does Suzuki not want to put in the money or do they just not have it?

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think they have it. They're a relatively small company.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yonny Hernandez? No! Okay rider with a nice stack of cash that comes with him but he had his chance and his time in motogp is over.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:offtopic: Yonny had to delay his first stint on Saturday to borrow Freddie Spencer's leathers. Chest protection issue. :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chest protection issues?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, he didn't have any.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Okay, he shows up at the track . . . you know what, F@ck it, nothing should surprise me anymore. Airlines lost his bags, leather sponsor didn't get the suits done in time, UPS lost the package. . . rider went full retard and didn't order them up. Who knows?

Still, his team finished third with him wearing Fat Freddie's suit, maybe he should keep it, might help. :D

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Why would someone go from a known race winning package and great team to one that's known to be sub-par andno chance of fighting up front? Just to be in Moto GP? For sure a career killer. He's no idiot.
    Look at Iaonnone, you think he wanted to ride the Suzuki?

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't mean Yonny as a full time rider. I wouldnt hire him to the factory squad either. I mean as test rider just so they have someone that's MotoGP fast with lots of years on a MotoGP bike that can get data for them. I seem to recall the KTM boys talking about how much getting Kallio on board testing helped them immensely. No offense to their current test rider, but I doubt he's as fast as Hernandez.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I thought I saw something where he pulled his chest protector out, while on track and pitched as he rode along?