1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joe Roberts in Moto2!

Discussion in 'General' started by rocalotopus, Jul 26, 2017.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

very real. I believe he even posted about it here and him even providing the components.
    And what money were they spending?
    They still owe him $$$$. It was a bad deal all around.

rafa likes this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

How many more excuses are you going to come up with?

The fact of the matter is that Herrin completed around 15 race laps in the first six races of the season, combined. How is a rookie supposed to learn when they spend more time in the gravel that they do churning out hot laps in a race?

What about Zarco? He was 6th in the championship that year....

Are you new to pro racing? We all know that contracts aren't worth the paper that they're signed on, unless the racer produces. Just ask Sam Lowes, Yonny Hernandez, Danny Kent, Dominique Aegerter, Romano Fenati, etc. Again, why did Herrin deserve special treatment?

Foot pegs and grips weren't going to magically find Josh 2 seconds per lap.

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, with evidence, but I think this is being blown out of proportion.

I recall that Herrin asked for different grips on the handlebars, but the team said no. I don't recall hearing anything about entirely new clip ons or foot pegs, especially since this article talks about the team spending an entire day getting him comfortable on the bike.

“Today we made a lot of changes to the position I am on the bike as well as some clutch settings,” Herrin said in a team release. “I was able to achieve my goal which was to get into the 1:36s.”

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

For someone who claims to be "the great one" you're fucking stupid as fuck in regards to this.

You're telling me handlebar and footpeg positioning won't make a fucking difference?

And of course his press release is going to be positive since he's not the one that wrote it.

God damn you're fucking dense. They aren't excuses, they're fact. Because you're too fucking stupid to understand tells a lot.

Exactly what experience do you have with professional racers?

six6two likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know about the others but those 2 lost their rides because of stuff they did off the track.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

He actually did post on here about it..

Something about the team was contracted to run certain parts and he couldn't run his own even if he paid for them

rafa likes this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

I think TGO is posting his blather just to draw JH2 to the beeb again, if you ask me. Weak ploy.

-jim

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just trying to get attention for hating on someone people here obviously like.

9. six6two

six6two AWD

Dude it does not matter one bit what you did or didn't recall or hear!:crackup::crackup:

And apparently you're just coming on here with nothing more than shit you read online!! Come on man.....

They wouldn't set ergonomics up for him because the engineers didn't want to negatively effect aero.... typical F1/cager bullshit that doesn't work on 2 wheels. Data is irrelevant if your RIDER is not comfortable. Period. At a Moto2 pace, little things like this are even more important. If you're trying to come on here with your web links to prove 1:36's were his plan all along, you're going to have a hard time.

For whatever reason, the team would not work WITH Josh, like they did Zarco.

So yes, you are wrong. No, it's not being blown out of proportion. That situation was absolute shit. It should also be noted that you're underestimating Zarco... he's got a MotoGP championship in him. Just wait.

And speaking of contracts... notice how Zarco signed for 2 years as well.. and he GTFO after the first year too.. on his own terms.. and went straight to the front.

10. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

Sounds to me that they got herrin over there to just get the money from dorna knowing they were gonna fuck him over !

11. six6two

six6two AWD

IMO an over-confident car team simply bit off more than they could chew...

12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Zarco had no other choice, the team folded...

13. I worked with someone in the US who raced in Moto2 for a couple of seasons. He told me the team didn't change anything for him, ever. I noticed during practice that there were long periods of being in the pits so I called him on it after a practice. "The team takes the brake rotors off the wheels and puts them on the new wheel (with the new tire). THAT'S why there are gaps in practice".

Crazytown.

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I hope Joe gets the support he deserves. Herrin did not

turbulence likes this.
  15. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Gerloff most likely will take Josh Hayes place next year (or Beach) on the R1. Hayes is done. I dont see anyone challenging Elias on the Suzuki though. Guy is the next Meladin. I thought Dane Westby was going to be the next alien the way he rode. So fun to watch him. So bummed when he passed.

I will be rooting for Roberts in the M2, but that grid is soooo strong. Look at the Herrin experiment. Bikes are really evenly matched, you really have to be special to be at the front.

16. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually talked to someone from the team what their story was to what happened with Josh, or are we all going with what Josh says?

17. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

So they would have to risk money they have coming in from whatever parts company to switch out to his "preferred parts"

Sounds like they'd have been really stupid to do that

Next you'll want Graves to run Yosh pipes :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  18. JustaNobody

They're all going off what Josh told whoever then the grapevine ....

There's NEVER 2 sides to a story just the one you choose to believe :)

19. JustaNobody

And GO JOE GO Merica has a chance finally

20. 418

418 Expert #59

I figured it wouldn't take long for Herrin convo to pop up in here. It was a shitty situation, and the whole teammate thing? Fucking Zarco was his team mate, out of all people. The next alien in line is the guy you're being compared to in your rookie season. Great.