JC whisky is frickin nasty

Discussion in 'General' started by thrak410, May 27, 2022.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not really.. but following a trend. :D

Just got a bottle of single barrel select Blanton's ... sooooo good. I'm a big bourbon lover. Did the bourbon trail in KY and got almost every distillery. Four Roses and Wild Turkey were my middle fav, but Rabbit Hill was pretty cool too. Angel's Envy was pretentious and Maker's Mark was absolutely amazing. Really enjoyed Bulleit/Harpers distillery too.

:)

Anyone else do the Bourbon Trail?

GM GIXXER and britx303 like this.
  2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Drink whiskey...post bond.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

^^^

[​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. Greg ZX6R

Greg ZX6R Well-Known Member

Visited many of the distilleries for my wife's 40th bday a few years ago, and we had a great time. Bulleit was probably my least favorite of the tours, but I enjoyed them all. Didn't think Angel's Envy was pretentious, but I guess it depends on your guide. Nothing like starting samples at 10am and doing several tours per day.

5. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I've been dying for some blanton's, is super hard to get now. Years ago could get for $50 a bottle and my last one about a year and a half ago was about $100. Now is a unicorn horn. Sadly no tour for me yet. I threaten to do some tours and then go to the Keeneland horse auction super wasted....Sounds like a good combo! :crackup:

thrak410 likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, weekly, as my company does work at most of those distilleries. Just finished a new tourist facility at Peerless and building Maker's Mark new employee breakroom in July. Bourbon is good business for those of us that live here.

Note: the best bargain in bourbon is Old Forester 1910 at $50.

Oh, and OP, change your title. We drink bourbon in Kentucky. Whisky is for people from Tennessee and Canadians:D

GM GIXXER likes this.
  7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

DOH!! Too late to edit :(

Yeah I like me some 1910 too...

Thats cool about Makers, I'm an Ambassedor and got my bottles a couple years ago. That was cool.

I just got accepted into the 4Roses Mellow Moments club too.

rd400racer likes this.
  8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It’s a good, expensive habit. Not that anyone here cares about expensive habits …

Got a bottle of Blanton’s as a gift, but really, while it’s the famous for being the first single barrel bourbon you could buy, and also thanks Mr. Wick, it’s like drinking gasoline.

There’s always a bottle of Jefferson’s Ocean on hand. Because I like my bourbon having sailed the seas like my ancestors.

My roommate really likes Garrison Brothers’, especially the honey dew stuff. She gave up wine for that stuff.