James Stewart>>> What's going on with Bubba?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannonball39, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

I don't follow the dirt stuff much but I was blown away with what the future holds for #7 after catching a piece of his Wind Tunnel interview last night?

Privateer?

Self-Sponsored?

LM Yamaha/Red Bull?

Overseas GP's?

Stewart dirt schools?

Nascar?

Partial SX/MX schedules in 09?

2. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

3. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

S'funny... SMBOMI was supposed to be folding up the tee pees for '09 rather than re-sign Reed. Now I see they waited for CR to hop back to Australia for a few weeks between seasons, and re-emerged w/ Bubba at the helm of his old bike.

I wonder what happens in the political under-world of SX/MX silly season?

I wonder how the real deal went down between San Manuel, Roackstar/Makita, CR, & Bubba?

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

5. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

6. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Bubba was kinda kicked to the curb by Kawasaki. He also was looking very early as he knew his contract was up. It is well known within the industry that CR was probably not going to be signed with Yamaha again. So, he looked around as most of the guys at the end of their contracts do.

He got the Suzuki gig and Stewart got Yamaha. Don't worry, they are as much a factory team as say, the Suzuki and Honda guys are. The classification of the team puts them in privateer status...

Plus, Bubba's signed with another set of gear in boots, helmet and MX gear. He left Fox after 15 years. Fox is a Motocross company and James wanted to do SX only. With that in mind, Fox couldn't pay the amount he wanted for a single series. Answer decided to try it out for 2 years and see. L&M are a SX only team and even though he skirts around the question, he won't be riding a full outdoors schedule.

So, James is Blue now and CR is Yellow. Big deal. With RV, they will be the top three guys no matter what brand they ride...

7. Cannonball39

Cannonball39 Well-Known Member

What amount of riding does Bubba plan to do overseas and is there a bigger market similar to roadracing overseas compared to the U.S.?

How much did Red Bull have to do with his decision? It sounded like quite a bit in his interview...

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

bell helmets, answer gear, and i don't know what boots....

9. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

It was all Red Bull. Last year right before Kawasaki signed with Monster, Red Bull had already agreed on a Big $$$ amount for Bubbles, they also gave him a new Rolls Bently R. He was pissed because he had to go with Monster in his Kawasaki contract. He almost had to sign with Red Bull Honda, then the Chad Reed Suzuki deal came along and opened the Yamaha seat. Mcgrath raced the last portion of his career self sponsored and saved a ton!

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dumb question: are the boots different between MX and SX?

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Bring back J-Law!

12. Lizard 1

He's being pretty vague about the overseas thing. Basically, it all boils down that he is doing a SX only contract that allows him to ride a few outdoor nationals. I'd say he'll do a couple at best over seas...

Red Bull is a big deal to James. They took really good care of him before and it got strained when the whole Monster and Kawasaki deal came about. It didn't really influence as I think the bottom line there was that Kawasaki couldn't afford both riders and they went with the younger guy. So, it left the door open for James and he went back to Red Bull... The Suzuki deal that was available had a Rockstar conflict and that may have weighed out differently as I know they'd rather have James than Reed...

13. Lizard 1

Looks like AStar, but not confirmed. It's been Yamaha for months, but they drug that out until this past week. Not sure why.

14. Lizard 1

It wasn't all Red Bull...

15. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

x games and hooligan freedom ?????

16. Lizard 1

Boots are the same. James and RC are/were part of the R&D with Fox and helped develope that boot (F3). It was already out with James helping, but when RC came on board, it got even better. RC is a MUCH better at R&D and helping develope than James was, but James would test boots days on end and had a BIG part in getting that boot started where it did. He was good, too, but RC is just better at it...

17. Lizard 1

He'll be back for SX. He only got suspended for outdoors and now is back. He's also staying with Troy and Yamaha...

18. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

He's the 'Jeff Emig' of his generation.

:)

19. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

Without RC there, who really cares? I hope RV kicks both of there ass's.

20. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

I agree but probably not this coming season. RV will be a force after he gets another year on the big bike for sure