1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Jul 4, 2014.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

VDS burned his biscuits.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If he wants to move on they will have to acquiesce. No point in keeping a rider who doesn't want to be there.

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So long as he can afford to buy himself out of the contract.

Seems like a little prick to me anyways. Hope Fenati beats him in the championship.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Bartholemy if a weasel and I don't mind him getting fucked but a contract is a contract.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Spite is a pretty good reason.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Not if they want results. I believe Ferracci went through this when Polen wanted to ride for Honda. He could have made it real difficult for Doug to leave but he reasoned that having a rider who didn't want to ride for you was not good for results.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's a bit much when ol' Michael seems like the good guy.

9. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

This a bitch to be happening, all parties have been great for wach other. Maybe it will lead too them racing in the Motogp class next year using Suzuki.

I would really like to see Jack on the Suzuki as second rider in 2015

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

I will never understand why any party to these type of deals feel like going public or making any public statements is actually a good thing. I can't see this type of behavior improving the relationship between the two.

In any event, I'm surprised a buy out clause isn't standard in every rider/team contract.

11. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

A Lot people do not consider a verbal and a hand shake a CONTRACT< but it is just that if can be proven that it took place!

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

My guess would be the relationship is already strained. The team is just letting other teams know to back off

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A verbal and a handshake aren't a contract anymore. Haven't been in 25 years. . . if the people involved don't want them to be.

A contract isn't worth the lawyer's fee it takes to write them if one party wants to walk away, a pre contract is a freakin' joke (outside of the record industry). Want out of a contract? Hire a lawyer and be prepared to pay.

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

All true I guess sadly to say

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've spent maybe two months on a contract and it's wording that could be handled by an email and a letter of authorization. If I hired a lawyer for this shit, I'd be in it about $10K with my lawyer's rate.

and it'd be worth exactly shit if pressed if I had paid the cash.

As for Miller, he's f@cked. He's up against a Billionaire with a legal team. He'd be smart to either cough up the exit cash, otherwise he's going to pay a lot more later.

16. ffpowersports

ffpowersports Active Member

From the article:

I'm anything but a contract laywer, but why is the team even at the point they're at with Jack if he hasn't yet signed either the pre or final contract? If they play strictly by the existence of a contract, then nothing should start until it's signed, sealed and delivered.

Right?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I read it that a pre contract has been signed. All they were waiting for was the minutia to be worked out and drawn up, written out in legalese and signed.

A pre contract can be as enforceable and could block Jack from signing anything with anyone else.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

exactually as I read it Dave.

19. ffpowersports

ffpowersports Active Member

Ahh...I misread about the pre-contract. Sure seems like some shoddy management on Jack's team to me.

20. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

Lying cheating Aussie for ya :D
    Kid has mad skills, but you can't burn bridges when you are still on your way up in this sport