I've got to thank the WERA board.

Discussion in 'General' started by Palanon, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Since I don't race WERA or any organization for that matter, I lurk on the board and refrain from posting. I'm a 40+ year old Shrek that was finally convinced to take it to the track by a retired racer that I played " Pit Tootsie " for last year. ( at Loudon )

I had been looking into racing for quite a few years but, always put it off. After some 20+ years of riding, I didn't want to go to the track and be laughed at by a bunch of teenagers. What the hell is a middle aged, 6'6" 275 lbs. guy going to do around all these tiny little guys on their way to being the next Rossi.

Thanks to my retired racing buddy, and boards like this, I learned the track is the place were you find the greatest people out there... crazy dumb ass people of all ages. I was so jazzed about my track days and pitting for my friend, that I started to work for the US Marshall's. Hey, if your not racing, help keep asshat's alive!

It's been a lousy holiday season in our home so, there hasn't been a lot to laugh about. Thanks to the crazy ass crap that happens on this board, I've had some great laughs during an otherwise bleak time.

Thank you all

Just a couple of questions.

1.) Did Adam Vella ever race with WERA ?

2.) If Adam, Suzy ( and a few others ) were crewing a Boeing 727 and, it was on a conveyor belt that would match the exact speed of the planes wheels, would it be able to take off ??

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I can't wait for this thread to evolve.

3. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

:stupid:

with the exception of Joe's Wife...this might be the best first post ever...:bow:

4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Sure did. Took his modified CRF450 and beat CB186 by about a bike length at VIR two years ago. 'Course, Chad was racing Mongo's lightly-modified DRZ400. :D

Then Adam came to Chad's pit, yelling, "At least you can't say I had motor on you!"

And I forgot to switch my camera to "video" and push the button. :mad:

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

6. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

One of the greatest moments in my WERA racing career.:up:

7. Putter

URL=http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=weraatvir001mp2.jpg][​IMG][/URL]

8. Putter

9. Palanon

Wow, so he did actually show his face in WERA. Motards ? after his wicked pissah photos at NHIS Podium with his 1K ?

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

11. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

my new wallpaper :up:

12. matd

matd This aint no party.

Which direction is the jet facing?:rolleyes:

13. STUPID

STUPID it hurts

Whats the ASI reading?

14. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

But you forgot to include Tom Fetsko and that he sucks and that Mad Brad is a dick...

Love both you guys! :beer:

15. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

With one roundhouse kick, Chuck Norris could punt the Earth out from under the plane so it appeared to take off while remaining stationary.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:stupid:

:D

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Holy shit! I haven't heard Tom Sucks in so long. Where is the SOB hanging out these days. :D What's his username on here now? :p

19. Palanon

You folk crack me up. What about the last couple of years? Is he back at Loudon with LRRS or CCS ? Just wondering if I'll see him.

Also priceless - Davie Stone Sux. That was funny stuff right there. I was tempted to buy one for the shear comic value and for the Air Fence Fund.

talking of grudge races, did someone ( who shall remain nameless ) end up delivering water to all the CW's wearing a purdy dress?

20. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:D

He sure did! There is one I image I will never forget!