Its over.......... or is it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cajun Kid, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Damn dude. I was really hoping to race head-to-head against the 2nd fastest R6 in the country. :D

Best of luck to you buddy. I am sure you will be back at some point. :beer:

Cajun Kid and ekraft84 like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Broome...how many ponies is that bad boy of yours making?

Is that the one you don't ride anymore? If so, we will have to figure out when Tyler has a break from college and I'll send him over from Texas to go play. I'm sure he would really dig it at Barber, or maybe even your favorite track Talladega.

I know you really love others to ride your bike and sweat all over it. Don't worry, I will tell him he can't use the RV toilet and if he is about to pass you while you are on the Panigale, he needs to respect his elders and be nice.:crackup::crackup:

Just having fun with ya, he has only raced 2 times since his bad accident at road america in 2013, so I'm sure there would be a little rust there..:beer:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  3. If i disclosed that kind of information, Livengood would have to kill you. :D

I still race it, been racing it all year. Every year i say i am going to get a new bike to race and sell the R6. I make it as far as getting a new bike to race, but then i cant make myself sell the R6. I make the mistake of riding it again and remembering how much fun it is, and i cant sell it.

I would say Tyler is welcome to ride it anytime, but there is no sense in lying to you. :crackup:

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely do not lend it to Tyler, you'd hate yourself for finding out the laptimes it can actually turn..... :D

5. From what Rob has said, we have ran the same lap times at Barber. I dont know if he has ever been to Tally or any of the other tracks down here.

So :moon:

But with that being said, i have never said or thought the R6 was holding me back in any way. I am sure there are lots of people out there who could turn better lap times on it. I have been on it for a few years now and i still get a little faster every weekend on it, so i know it has more in it.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  6. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've got Stoner beat. He's at least ridden a motorcycle since he retired. I have not.....in six years. No plans to either. That's why you won't see me back. I'm to smart to tempt myself. :D

7. You will look forward to doing stuff like this more, loaded up for after pre-k today. Built the Jeep instead of a sports car to spend more outdoors time with the kids. There will never be a substitute for racing, just things to numb the pain of not being out there.

Attached Files:

Cajun Kid and BigBird like this.
  8. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Its true there's no substitute for the joy I had while racing. I do miss that. About the only thing that comes close for me is hunting. I get a lot of joy in shooting animals and eating them, so now I reign terror on wildlife. :D

Good luck OP.

Cajun Kid likes this.
  9. That's another thing I took up and I fish a lot. Mainly because my work schedules messed up with people that report to me all over the world. Hard to shoot stuff at 3am :)

Cajun Kid likes this.
  10. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

I definitely be doing some fishing.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have no idea what times you run at Barber, I'm guessing 29's and 30's, so you are faster than Tyler at that track. I know Tyler has only been there one time and he did 32's on a jacked up bike.

The day before the race team left, we raced at Willow Springs with a new suspension tuner. Tyler had his first crashes in over 3 years (two of them). The front forks were removed and they were straight, so we put it on the race trailer headed to Barber. Unbeknownst to us, the triples were bent, the electronics were messed up, the swingarm was bent, and the bushings inside the front forks were hammered while it was flipping end over end.

At Barber, Tyler was getting massive chatter that we couldn't tune out, plus multiple times, he had to turn off the power and then turn it back on to reset the electronics, while on the track. He would have to turn around and make sure no one was on his rear before cycling it. As you can imagine, that really messes with speed on the bike.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but later that year, two kids from out here finished 1-2 in C Superstock at the GNF's, getting into the 30's and 31's. At that time, 2012, Tyler would usually finish in front of them, out here. So with a good bike, him getting up to speed again, I would think he could do 31's and possibly 30's.

12. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Did Crazy Jimbo (#808) announcing a possible comeback scare you into retirement?