1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not technical but................

Discussion in 'Tech' started by armal750, Mar 28, 2003.

1. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

I will be new to WERA this year...... I am getting a handle on the finishing touches of my machine. One thing that has boggled me is the number plates.

12"x10" front background with 8" tall numbers.
    10"x8" rear backround with 6" tall numbers.

How in the world do I fit 8" tall numbers on the front of my gixxer??? Is there a secret?

Also, I didn't see a width specification in the rule book. Does it matter?

Any other strange rules I need to have a good understanding of, please volunteer the information for me....

Thanks,
    Kris- :cool:

2. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

just paint your bike yellow are you will be covered....

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

that is what I did :D use 6" numbers on the rear.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Y'all are lucky we're being nice. The way the fricking bodywork is lately I'm seriously tempted to require old school number plates....

Anyway, 6" numbers are fine, just make sure the spacing is good with a good amount of yellow around the outside, we prefer fluorescent yellow (the color of the new style school signs) but evidently CCS doesn't like it.

5. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

Hahahahaha! Nice!!
    So, just to make sure I understand you properly. It is 'okay' to put 6" tall numbers up front as well as in the rear? The yellow background is coming from MAGIC racing. A store down the street. I would assume it will be bright enough.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Later,
    Kris-

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can fit 8" numbers on the GSXR's so we'd prefer them. The R6, RC51, and the new 636 all have much smaller area so 6" is pretty much a necessity on them.

7. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I'm down wid it yo, cuz dat's da way I kick it. OLD school. Make 'em go naked, too. I don't be usin' no fairin's er nottin'

YOU GOTS TA TUCK, BABY! TUCK!!

(oops, that's "BS", isn't it? Sorry. bored.)

8. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

I would like to see a picture of a newer gixxer with (3) 8"numbers on the front....... If anybody has one, please post it for me so I can see it.... Simply because I cant see how they will fit.

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just want to do it right the 'first' time.

Thanks.
    Later,

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's not Magic Racing off of VanDyke in Michigan is it?

10. armal750

armal750 No.1 Backmarker

Last I knew that one closed down and or moved to another location. I think it was at VanDyke and 22 or 23 mile.......?...... I went to the one on Dixie Highway and Silver Lake road in Pontiac.

Small world!

Later

11. You can fit 2- 8" numbers on the front of a gixxer. It is a tight fit though. Magic sells 8" #'s, I ordered mine direct from Dirt Digits. 8" for the front and 7" for the rear.

Attached Files: