1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It Really Works!

Discussion in 'General' started by bkeros, May 23, 2012.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I found a five foot long black snake out in the field behind My house. I took it home and chucked it under the house. No rodents whatsoever.

Natural selection. Survival of the fittest.

;)

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

So they are aerating your soil for free and you come here to complain? Typical BBS move:Poke:

Oh I thought the bands name was the Al Gore Rhythms:rock:.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So how do you get rid of the 20 foot snake under the house?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When I had moles I used M80s I bought on my last trip to PA. The holes in the lawn got much bigger for awhile but I eventually won the war.

5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

He's still there. They'll stay there forever. I find a fresh skin every spring under the house. I also have an outdoor cat. NOTHING can live within 200 feet of My house.;)

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Never, ever fucking with that chick.

7. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of my Grandma. They had cats around their farm to keep rodents away, but she was really picky about only having a couple. She hated cats, but they were good to have around. As population control, she would straight up drown the kittens. I'm talking a 5-gallon bucket of water and just holding them under until they stopped fighting. She was one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known, but after seeing that, there's no way in hell I would cross her. :wow:

8. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Yeah she definitely has some Lorena Bobbit in her. Cold blooded!

9. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Get a bigger bucket......... :D

10. sdg

sdg *

Cats, coons, etc. Havahart trap & garbage can full of water.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup::clap: :crackup:

12. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

It does work with mice. I made this to take care of the mice in my shed, so I wouldn't have to keep resetting mouse traps all winter.

-5 gallon bucket, filled half way with water/antifreeze
    -small cup covered with peanut butter (cut the end out)
    -wood dowel or stick

put the dowell/stick through the cup and set on top of the bucket
    put a little board or ramp up to the top of the bucket

They go up after the peanut butter (can't resist), slip and fall into the antifreeze.

This is great in the winter because the anti freeze keeps it effective through all types of weather. It works unattended for months. However I have found some mice were able to still get the PB off the cup no matter how treacherous I make the setup.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You should fill the bucket with acid!

I guess I need to try the mole bait stuff. Those nasty mfers are destroying my yard. I've got traps and they're not working. I've got cats and they spend all their time killing mice, lizards, frogs, birds, and baby rabbits. I've got a rifle but I live in the city, across the street from a cop. I did the smoke bombs but they just gave the moles the munchies. They're out there now laughing at me.

And they don't aerate the lawn, the tunnel just under the sod, separating it from the soil and causing the grass to die from lack of nutrients.

14. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

You still have the cat?

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I posted a version of that trap up for mice on the BEEB a couple years ago and got torn apart by the bunny huggers for being cruel to animals.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Well, we still don't like you but The Mongo says we have to play with you anyways...

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This thread will attract more customers than Mongoid ever will.

18. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

19. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

It's still working!

I think a name change to "Al Gore Rhythms" is CLEARLY in order! :rock:

In other news...GOT THREE MORE THIS AM! I haven't even checked the bucket in the back! 5 down, another 10+ to go!

20. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

The smoke bombs didn't work for the California Pocket Gophers for me either. A neighbor said to put foil wrapped spearmint gum in the hole. I told my wife he was crazy and that she was an idtio for thinking it would work. I was right. We eventually bought poison and a sonic deterrent. This little battery operated stake that you put in the ground and every 30 seconds it goes eh eh eh eh eh eh all fast and quiet. Don't know which of the two worked (the poison or the noise maker) but the pocket gophers are gone.

Just remember that Moles are carnivores and that they eat worms and bugs and stuff. If you can get rid of their food source, they will go away. Otherwise poison the bastards!