1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It finally happened...I got crushed

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Dec 18, 2010.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

So I am racing my gsxr1000, leading the race.
    Out of nowhere this tricked out blue/white yammi comes buy me. Squeaks past, then slowly disappears.
    I put my head down, really took-on the Dragon with everything I had, but this bike wearing a 379# Slayed the Dragon, right in front of me. It was a sight to behold.

I am gonna invest in some trick-bits and push my limits more next time. Just gotta quuit looking at all the trees and other vehicles on the road.
    The Dragon Slayer?....he should racing in WSB, he was that good.

When I made it back to the meeting spot, the fanfare was incredible....emotions high, some women were crying. 139 was mobbed by all rider and squid alike. To the victor go the spoils.

I thought I was the best out there....turns out it was not to be....379# is the true Slayer of the Dragon. I have to let it go, it's time for a changing of the gaurd.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Street-racing?

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Don't pout...get out there and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!

You can do it!!!

4. SpeedyE

No man, Racing the tail of the DRAGON....a true test of ones abilities. If you can slay the Dragon, you can conqere anything in life.

5. dtalbott

Everything except spelling, apparently.

6. SpeedyE

Spelling is for chumps. The cool kids are smoking and racing the Dragon. Catch up with the times, we are into the new millineum, ya know.

7. dtalbott

Got good life insurance, I hope.

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

If you are racing on public roads other than Isle of Man, you are a world-class toolbag. Going fast won't "conqere" that.

9. SpeedyE

You guys are DingDongs :D

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:crackup:
    It must have been the lack of an MP3 with some cool country rap to pump you up and really twist it...

11. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

They have the strangest race organization out there. Gates allways open, no entry or contingency forms around, no tech inspect. You might go a dozen times before they ask for entry fees and you cant believe how rude the peps in registration are .

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

These are world class toolbags, thanks. Manx Grand Prix, Macau Grand Prix and Ulster Grand Prix amoung others, just saying. :)

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

:D

Point taken.

14. :crackup: where is the whoosh smiley?

15. Great thread!

16. SpeedyE

You think I should invest in an Ipod or a set of carbon wheels first? I think I can take this guy if I can just get a few more go-fast bits on my bike. I think if I was better at stuffing cars & trucks, I might have beaten him.

Imma up my game for the next round :up:

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

:crackup::crackup:

18. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:D

Got any video?

19. SpeedyE

They have pace cars out there with video recorders. You only get to see the video if the race-director has you in his chambers for some kind of racer ceremony. It can be expensive, it's like a reverse purse....you pay them. Still can't figure that one out.

20. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I'd say you need to practice some more. Perhaps you should bust out the Wii and practice your motor skills.

That seems to work for the guys here in GA that slay HWY 75 on a day to day basis.