1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO: 2003-2004 CBR 600rr Rear Shock

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Speak917, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Speak917

Speak917 Active Member

As the title says: I am looking for a rear shock for my CBR. Let me know if there are any available that have been collecting dust :)

2. German Vacca

German Vacca BikePass

Are you looking for a stock part or an aftermarket replacement?

3. Speak917

Speak917 Active Member

Looking for aftermarket. Need an upgrade from stock.

4. German Vacca

German Vacca BikePass

We don't currently have any used shocks but I can get you a price on a new one if you're interested.

5. Speak917

Speak917 Active Member

Sure, let me know what you have available. Just trying to keep costs to a minimum.

6. German Vacca

German Vacca BikePass

I understand that. So before I go looking around, what kind of budget are you at?

7. Speak917

Speak917 Active Member

Trying to keep it as cheap as possible, which is why I was looking for used; I would say that I don't want to go more than 5-600 if that's even realistic.

8. Dirtybirds00

Dirtybirds00 Well-Known Member

penske 8700 rear shock. needs seals. 185-200 lb rider. $350 plus shipping and paypal fee
    off 05-06 600rr but should work on the 03-04

9. Speak917

Speak917 Active Member

Thanks, I seen this on eBay (if it's the same one). I am not sure the 05-06 is the same as the 03-04; the P/N for the OEM shock are different. 52400-MEE-003 is for the 03-04 models and 52400-MEE-A01 shows for 05-06.

10. Dirtybirds00

Dirtybirds00 Well-Known Member

no problem. last 2 rears i had for the 600rr were bought to be put on other bikes. check with a reputable suspension guru. they should be able to point you in the right direction. good luck with the search and enjoy the day

11. German Vacca

German Vacca BikePass

For your specific application, you're gunna be looking at somewhere around $1100 for a spring and that's IF you find one on ebay. We can however take in your stock spring and have it revalved and swap the spring as a cheaper alternative. Its not going to have ride height adjusting or be on the same level as something like an Ohlins but it will be a much better option budget wise. If you send us your spring we can get it done in a couple weeks most likely and for about $325-350 + shipping costs.

12. Snakecrate

Snakecrate Well-Known Member

Get that Penske... you can use 03-04 on 05-06 (Shock) and the other way around. $350 is a really good deal.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Laz likes this.