1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Schwantz doing the GNF Endurance this year?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by 92excel, Sep 27, 2006.

1. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Great rides to Vesrah, Arnchu,5150 those guys kick ass. The GNF is gonna be a blast. I used to get goosebumps thinking about the GNF. It is the best time of the year. Bike and brain should about dialed as it will get and people really go for it. Great energy.

Maxxis you never said you would buy if we beat you at GNF. How bout it?

hope you get the Barber stuff figured out for Atlanta.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue yet, I'll ask him this weekend if he's planning on it.

I am curious - do you guys think it's cool or not to run against Kevin?

3. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Of course it would be cool to ride against one of the best racers in the world! Well, at least for me. I need to step up to the 600 class!

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i'm cool with it as long as he doesnt get in my way. :p

5. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

Schwatnzie

It's great to see him out there...but for him to finish the race and take money and points away from teams that work the whole series and don't have the funding he has....is just plain unsportsmanlike for this year's circumstance.

Vesrah has no need for him to run a second bike this year because ARNCHU is not close enough for any points chase.

(BTW, we lost money to him LAST year, but our team did not speak up because it was in Vesrah's points interest to have him get inTVR's way.)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last year was a bit different, he ran as a legal rider on Vesrah's second team totally within the rules. I'm thinking more if he's let in by Evelyne just because it's kind of cool to have him ride like we did year before last.

7. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

yeah, last year was different. Like I said before, it's great to have him out there....just have him come in before he takes points and money from the rest of us.

Let him ride the sprint races and see what all the sprinters say!

Is it not true that you have to do one normal season endurance race before you are allowed to attend the GNF Endurance?

8. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Its cool to have them but unfair to have him not run all year and show up and take points and money from guys that have worked ahrd all year. Let him run one of Vesrahs superbikes in superstock and then disqualify them after the race.

9. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Everyone else is looking for ringers so why can't he Play

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I think it' super cool that Jamie, Kev, etc. race WERA once in a while. The points thing is a seperate issue though.

I don't like the idea that a team that runs just once or twice (or 3 times even) affects overall points. There is nothing at all wrong with having a one-off team compete for position in an event, but I think that there should be a rule that makes it so only teams that participate in 'x' number of rounds (4?) get overall points (or whatever you call the points that decide the season championship). Those points should be calculated independently of the event points.

This way, one-off teams who race for fun (like Kev et al) aren't taking away from the season-long aspect of the championship, and also teams can't stack the grid with extra bike(s) for the sole purpose of altering the points outcome for the main team bike.

I have virtually no endurance experience, but these are my opinions as a fan of endurance racing.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'll do that - limit the grid to only bikes that have run 5 or more rounds. Entry feel will only be $750 per team.

12. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

Is the grid limited to those teams that have run one other round?

13. (diet)DrThunder

I dont' think anyone suggested that...?

14. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Whoa! What's todays date? Man i'm pissed i missed the GNF, here i am thinking it's 2 weeks away.:rolleyes: if you limit riders and what not then all the cherry pickers who come out for local events may need to re-think running WERA :rolleyes:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No? I'm sorry, I took more than 3 to be 5 - did you mean specifically 4?

17. (diet)DrThunder

I dont' see where the misunderstanding is, but apparently there is one.

I didn't say anything about limiting the number of teams on the grid. I said that only teams that compete in 4 or more rounds get points that count towards the season championship. Any teams compteting for fewer than 4 rounds would not have any impact on the championship. That way the one-off Kevin S. type rides have no championship impact, and teams can't easily throw a 2nd bike on the grid at the end of the season for the express purpose of manipulating the points distribution.

Even as I re-type that I see several problems with it...anyway, the point was that I didnt' say anything about limiting the number of teams who can take the grid. The more the merrier.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If a team is on the track they influence the outcome of the race.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Quote:
    Originally Posted by natedawgee
    Is the grid limited to those teams that have run one other round?

Yep.

what constitutes a run?
    taking the green? one lap? half-way mark?

this could have implications.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depending on the circumstances Evelyne usually counts any serious effort to run. ie an entry without running will count but only if the bike blew up and the team was making an effort to make the race.