1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it REALLY gettn this good!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by TEFLON434, Dec 17, 2010.

1. TEFLON434

TEFLON434 Well-Known Member

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's how many zeros I figure will be in the price tag.

3. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

There is a street going version coming out too..

4. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

i want one!! anybody seen one in person?

5. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

If you are in Long Beach this weekend you will be able to see it in person.

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Does the single sided swing arm add any kind of functionality? It looks cool but if it actually worked good I'd think we'd be seeing it in MotoGP and Moto2 where they can build anything they want.

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Ballast.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

after reading the specs, not sure it would even qualify for motogp. moto2 worthy, maybe but everything is spec there.

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

It won't really be that good until they emulate a combustion powerband and/or clutch play....why? Ever see that video of the electric drag bike that get's away from the guy showing it? Or really just ask the new owner of Segwwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!

10. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

/\ Haha yeah I would be nervous as hell getting on one of these "proto type" electric machines......

Cool as hell though!

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Texas Instruments?!

Its a fucking calculator with Ohlins forks.

12. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Sexy machine there

13. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

Expensive caltulator

14. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Its computer, you can map it to emulate any power delivery you want. The 100% torque from 0 RPM is the biggest advantage of electric an biggest problem with IC. Just because the drag bike guy messed up, doesn't mean anything. Did you see he video where they were testing the KERS braking? The can map that for exactly any braking profile they want. If you add the current capabilities with GPS and TC, there is way more control with electric than is possible with IC engines.

15. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Yes the potential is definitely there and I agree we are getting closer, but it just aint there yet.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Electric bikes and cars will be the shit when the battery technology is there. Pleanty of advantages to be had with electric motor. Like...you want all of your 400Nm's of torque now...OK...hang the hell on.

Even my tenth scale electric RC cars had programmable motor controllers 8 years ago.

17. motox

motox 164

weight? i bet those batteries weigh plenty more than a combustion engine

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea maybe right now but that technology is improving hourly also...batteries are getting smaller and lighter.

19. motox

motox 164

Very true. IBM just predicted five (electronic) innovations that would occur over the next five years and one of them was "...a tenfold increase in battery life." If that turns out to be the case, then one could imagine LIGHTER batteries as well.

20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking also...Even some of the radios were getting programmable.

Anyhow, I realize that electric motorcycles are heavier due to the batteries but I kinda wonder how they handle with a much more compact and balanced motor??? How fast/late do you want to be on your knee?