1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IS HONDA ever going to pay CONTINGENCY???

Discussion in 'General' started by motorcycleman, Apr 7, 2004.

1. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

I heard that they have given Wera some money for contingency, but i just didn't know if that was true and if it is when our the racers going to get anything from HONDA?

2. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

They do pay contingency.

It is very specific if I remember correctly. You must ride a 03 or newer bike (600RR, and 1000RR only, no RC)and be a expert. I also think it is only eligable for national events.

Crispy

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think Honda restricted the contingency payout to the point that they will never have to hand over any money. Perhaps that was on purpose. ;)

4. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Honduh realizes that their bikes are slow, so they don't pay... :p

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You should buy a CBR600RR purely on their 100% stock bikes whooping up on the formula extreme class and their wins in World Supersport.
    Hell, you should just buy a CBR1000RR because the technology comes directly from their RCV.

Winners ride red!

The others pay contingency so that they can move their inferior machines since no one would ride them without the payouts.

Winners ride red!!

Or some marketing crap along those lines.

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

They paid big money to novices in '95. $5k at the gnf for the winner.

7. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Where's that "Welcome To Last Century" graphic? :)

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

As a fellow has-been, you should appreciate a little history, even if it's about Honda

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Well, you know how I feel about things ... better dead than Ride Red. Like many Honda owners, I push the one I own ... my Harmony Lawnmower. ;-)

Oops, gotta go, another episode of "I Love The 80's" is playing on TV ... :)

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

That's what i'd do...and dump every bit back into R&D after their showing in Cally :rolleyes:...

11. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster

and IIRC they only paid out for your best finish of a weekend regardless if you won 4 races or not....

12. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

13. rrwantr

rrwantr Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004