Is A. Gobert still alive?

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

“I told you, I didn’t piss in his helmet, I held it while someone else pissed in it.”

2. He was amazing to watch in his prime, was hard to watch during his fall from grace. Was like looking at a car accident you know you shouldn’t look at to see death and destruction but you still glance over anyway.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Looking back, as I recall, he just fell from the spot light. News of positive drug test, then he came back a lil' heavy for a professional rider . . . then nothing. I cant say anything bad about him. I can't imagine what its like to ride at the pointy end of pro road racing. Im glad to see that hes alive and doing relatively well. From the article, sounds like he's still working on some things. I'm glad his brother was able to snag him back from the depths for those of us who have been thinking about him.

Pride & Joy likes this.
  4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

"What a waste of talent" is a terrible thing to say. You never know what someone went through, or things they had to deal with. We only saw him for the great rider he was.

Gorilla George, cav115, BC and 6 others like this.
  5. speedluvn

I agree!

ekraft84 likes this.
  6. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I agree with the didn't know what he was going through but he put himself out there to have teams invest in him.

7. speedluvn

I maybe biased but maybe he didnt have mentors that could guide him the way he needed. He was over here from Aussie-land. He was what, in his late teens, early 20's? He got a taste of the celebrity lifestyle and we know what happened

malik ross and SirCrashAlot like this.
  8. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right it's just he was such an incredible rider. The things he did on that kawasaki in wsbk were amazing.

Pride & Joy and speedluvn like this.
  9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

There's no way this wasn't one of the best rides in history.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"I do feel like I've wasted my talent a bit…"

Anthony Gobert - Steve Thompson's YouTube video.

And that was when things were still really good, compared to what was yet to come.

SteveThompson and stk0308 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't see saying a waste of talent as an insult to him or the like, just a simple statement of fact. He absolutely had major talent and his personal problems kept him from going to wherever that talent could have led.

cav115, Quicktoy, Banditracer and 2 others like this.
  12. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Wow, congratulations for Anthony, to have lived through those dark days and hopefully, to have returned from that place. Welcome back. Sometimes, the more talent, the more problems.

13. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Fact that after all these years his bro never gave up and went to find him is a great thing. Let’s hope things get better all around. Family first!

Dan Dubeau, mpusch and Quicktoy like this.
  14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Of course. Totally acceptable and even expected for the person themselves to even think that.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

F*ck whoever put that together... Just let the dude alone. No one needs to see that.

BC, kenessex and CR750 like this.
  17. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Yikes. Poor guy is definitely out of it. I hope he has somebody who takes care of him.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If I had kids, I'd show it to them.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Clearly no one is looking after him. Mostly himself.

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Fucking hell man! "I'd like to get back on a bike again but I'm healing up from injuries from a bar fight." LMFAO!! That dude has done some serious partying. Good to see he's alive though.