iRacing, again.

Discussion in 'General' started by Flex Axlerod, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Bored out of my mind and looking for a decent league to join. I dont do oval but up for any roadracing league. Anybody got any ideas?

Also going to be starting a league of my own racing Legends cars on tiny road courses if anybody is interested.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If we can get a WERA group together I'm up for it and I know couple more on here that would likely be up for it.

3. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I'd do it as well. Been thinking of signing back up.

4. Mad RR

Mad RR Well-Known Member

I'd be up for some kind of league depending on the day and time.

5. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

I feel the star mazda is the most enjoyable RR car. Fast enough with good grip. but not so fast that you can't have nice close racing.

6. RevRacing

RevRacing Well-Known Member

Bought my G27 and joined awhile back with the intention to shortly get a dedicated pc and get to it. Then got layed off. So now I have a G27 that taunts me everytime I walk by the office. Fuuuccckkkk. Hope to join y'all soon.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Problem with that, if you have a good crash,you're done.
    The DP is fun, as is the Radical.
    If you want close racing the little shitbox MX5.
    If anyone here is thinking about joining, I have a couple of 3 month free codes.

8. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Damit. I so should of got off my ass and built one for this, I would still like to try this some day.

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Don't crash, there should be a penalty for mistakes.

10. Venom51

Charlie and I are partial to Multi Class racing but that requires getting a 12 car field in each of the 3 classes to be entertaining. Otherwise you get too spread out and spend more time lapping by yourself than racing.

We also like longer races than most are willing to run. I think sitting down to run less than a 2 hour race isn't worth it. That 2 hours after the green flag..practice and qualifying are in addition to that.

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  12. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Absolutely interested.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

PM sent, don't waste it.:D

14. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

I'd like to try it out too, working on getting my setup together...

15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

2 hour races on top of practice etc.? How often do you do this? Do you still have sex with women? I'm a little fascinated by all this.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I don't know about Kenny, but I race 5 different series each week.
    The longest is 50 minutes.
    With these, you can qualify as many times as you want.
    Each session is 15 minutes.
    I'm currently doing so many to gain entry do drawings to win stuff.
    Each season in 12 weeks long, and we currently are on week 9.
    Best weeks count, so I'm starting to drop so of the ones I'm way off pace in.
    For leagues, most race once a week. With the IRacing Series,many race every day, every 2 hours. I have friends that race less series, but more races.
    For next season, I'll be concentrating on getting better in 2 series.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have 1 code left.
    Let me know when you get your system ready.

18. Venom51

I don't run any of the iRacing series. I run privately hosted seasons that are scheduled more like WERA events than the daily iRacing stuff.

So unless it's a 4 hour hosted testing session or a scheduled re event than I'm not on it.

19. Mad RR

Mad RR Well-Known Member

How does everyone here feel about the Mclaren? I think having a Mclaren league would be pretty fun.

20. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Ok, just drove a Saturn around a track. Couple of guys at work run some races and I tried a car out. It's certainly not Gran Turismo is it? :) It was fun though.