1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you won Last yrs. Championship??

Discussion in 'General' started by RAPTOR10, Jun 13, 2002.

1. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

If you won the championship last yr, and the new bike wasn't working, why wouldn't you go back to last yrs. bike?

What is the big deal about getting a new bike every year? Just cause you can? If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Mladin keeps complaining about suspension this, suspension that, etc. etc. etc. Hell, just go back to last yrs bike, it seemed to work fine.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Usually it's because the other guys new bikes are faster than their (and your) last years bike...

I gotta say though when you can't run the laptimes you ran last year oyu gotta wonder if it's not time to start all over again...

3. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

I thought his bike was last years frame just with new forks, swingarm, shock, and engine...

Nobody wins them all, this year is Nicky's.

4. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

James, I am all for Nicky. I was just curious is all. If your not winning, just go back to last yrs. bike.

And if suspension is the case, just put last yrs. stuff back on. It is always some new technology coming out, sometimes it is more of a burden than a help.

Oh well.

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

They have done that for years in the GP fields.

6. L

L Well-Known Member

Or you can pull a "Kocinski" and go rob parts off of your old bike in the museum...anything for a win.

I often pull my "Kocinski"...but that's why my vision is so bad... ;)

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

If you use the stuff from last year and still get beat then what do you blame it on. :D

Seriously, is Mladin running slower times or have the others just improved? It is pretty obvious that Honda worked out alot of their issues toward the end of last year and moved that into this year but what about the others?

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yates seems to just need more HP. His bike does dance & wiggle a bit but he must just be man-handling it into submission something Mladin can't/won't do. Hacking is just the same ole Jamie Hacking.....hacking up Yosh GSXR's.:D

Eboz is just getting a ton of track time plus Kawi has always had the motor part figured out. Honda has definetly upped the level of competition with the bullet fast HRC RC51. Notice I said HRC, the street/racebike is still questionable in my book, too heavy.:rolleyes:

Mladin has become a whiner in my book, he won't be there much longer doing that. Too bad Gobert got hurt he really lights things up on the R7.

9. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

he said "lights things up" hahaha

bwahahahaha

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

He is probably lighting one up right now:D

11. Gixxer602

Gixxer602 Well-Known Member

A lot of track records and race completion records being set this year. Last years bike wouldn't help. I think the desire to win might not be as strong after missing Daytona. (There goes any chance for a Mladin autograph T-shirt)

12. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Not to mention getting his elbow ground down to the bone...
    :rolleyes:
    Just 'cause he won it 3 years in a row doesn't mean you have to kick the man 'cause he's down...

13. Gixxer602

Gixxer602 Well-Known Member

My observation

I disqualify myself from my previuos statement.
    Mladin= Championships out the ass. :eek:
    Me= 1 sprint race victory. :(

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

prior to nicky's domination, honda constantly altered the bike lookin' for improvements. poor nicky could never get the hang of it and after repeated pleas to 'LEAVE IT ALONE', honda finally listened.

15. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

Nobody's mentioning it, but don't forget he lost his suspension guru this year. He went to Honda if I remember corectly.

16. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

First, if the factories gave up on their current platform and went back to last year's one, that easy move would keep technology moving at a snail's pace.

He isn't whining about suspension this, suspension that. It IS suspension this, suspension that. They have a guy from Showa in the trailer from sun up to literally sun down working on suspension for the Superbikes. They have honestly overengineered the suspension to the point it is probably ahead of them. What's funny to me is that he's won so many championships and yet no one seems to remember. Hell, just because he's had one off year, that doesn't make him suck.

Another thing, the RC HAS been updated and improved. The advancements have been done via mostly WSB input.

Leave Mladin alone. Sure, he's a snob and a bit way too arrogant, but when the shield's down, we all wish we could ride like that.