I need help from the Beeb bloodhounds

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Jul 29, 2021.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Interesting, and good to know.
    I read otherwise but I'll definitely defer to your expertise on the matter!

2. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

This thread just reminds me of 1 more good reason to avoid having a Facebook account at all.

F' that company.

They don't sell a product. They sell YOU.

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

People have been products for a while now.

4. All of them?

:D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I truly don't understand why people are so upset at facetubes selling data. If you don't like targeted ads get off the interwebs, pretty simple.

tophyr likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Maybe. You'd have to relay the information. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I have an account with them but I don’t post on it . Needed it to access a boat owners group and a few other groups that I was interested in and Facebook Market place ... but yeah , F that company. Have no need to tell people what is going on in my life... Well except here .. :D

kangasj and Fencer like this.
  8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Two kinds of stories.

Hard news - Crime, fire, accidents, severe weather, scandal (especially political) etc. happen daily and are unplanned. They'll scramble a stringer (contract reporter) or a station crew for those.
    Features - stories that require reporter research and a shoot, plus editing time to put together the story package. These have less time-sensitivity, and are usually planned and scheduled. Range is from the type of story the OP has, to soft news / feel good stories, to investigative reports, etc. Also, stories that are sponsored (paid) fall into this category as well.

RichB and noles19 like this.