1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new laptop-tablet, help

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

As the title says, all knowing beeb, I need a new device. This will be for racing only. I am planing on using it only for ecu tuning and data download from the lap timer, also notes from events. I really need to keep the price low on this one. A little help - suggestions, please. (Ecu guy says XP and above is fine, it will run on Windows 10, talking to the timer people today)

Thank you, in advance.

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Surface Pro 3 has some nice discounts since the 4 had been released. Runs full Windows 10 with no problems. Really good battery life and a quick machine. I've had one since it was released and use it for all of my as builts on site.

3. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Work bought us some Dell Venue 10's a while back. Not cheap but they have held up well in field use. Good battery life when you get the snap on keyboard with battery.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sent PM

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I have an Asus vevotab 8. Full Windows 10, easy to use, full usb support with a $5 adaptor, and cost me under $250.

6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

+1 on surface. Love that thing!

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Toughbook. Period. I'm on my fifth. None of them broke, still have three.

8. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

:stupid:

FTW but he said cheap.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Mine is dying off and I need a new one as well. I was going to limp it until black friday

I have seen the surface3 (on sale) and the surface pro 3

Is there a big difference?

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Refurbished=$500.

11. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Yep, I killed two new dells within a year on the dyno before we got a refurb toughbook. Been going strong for over three years now.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Huge difference. Do NOT do the Surface 3. The Surface 3 only does apps designed for Windows, much like a Microsoft version of the iPad. The Surface Pro 3 is the one you want. It runs true Windows OS meaning you can install any Windows program on it.