1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Shooting from that close hold has a name that eludes me atm, but I know that LEOs and COs train for it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats so awesome!!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. FN joined the micro-compact game with the “Reflex”.

It comes with an 11 round mag and extended 15 round mag.

There is an optic ready version.

Most importantly, it has an all-new trigger. It’s no striker fired, it’s internally hammer fired. According to Colion Noir, it’s very smooth and much better than all the other 509’s.

But based on the way it looks, there is no middle ground as far as grip length. The 11 round mag is short, and your pinky will probably not fit. But then the 15 round mag looks very long, and will probably be hard to conceal.

4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i think most would understand it, we are all there for the same reason.....to be john wick

5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m surprised GG hasn’t sent in a Glock 34 to Taryn Tactical for a Pit Viper or even a Combat Master treatment.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

that pit viper does look pretty awesome for the "ultimate" pistol but that TT price point is always hard to swallow

7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    StaccatoFan and brex like this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Interesting. That's been my biggest gripe with FN striker pistols. Their triggers might be the worst on the market. I was considering a VP9SK as a summer carry gun but I may have to check this one out. Do me a favor and go buy both then tell me which you prefer. :crackup:

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah my fn 509 trigger blows

10. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

GG, how long does it take you to pick up all your brass after a shoot in the woods? I am imagining you scouring a 1/2 acre area to find all your stuff.

11. six6two

six6two AWD

Pretty insane price but hey it's hollywood! A friend of mine just picked up a G30 and I gotta say it's the best composite auto I've ever shot... I'm not an expert on autos, but Mas Ayoob says it's the most accurate Glock, and shoots 7/8" at 25y with a stocker.. now that's insane!!!

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

but his marketing timing and reputation is pretty darn good.

13. six6two

six6two AWD

For sure... regardless the thing is an absolute wall hanger, minimum!!!

Edit: and I'm not saying it's NOT a shooter... it clearly IS!:rock:

sanee likes this.
  14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm with you. The 400 pound woman with facial hair and a heart of gold would make someone an excellent wife, just not me. I know that the Glock is functionally superior to my 1911 or my PPK, but I just don't care.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  15. :crackup:

I have a VP9-SK already. But it’s old now; it’s the very first version, it’s not optic ready.

But I do like it a lot. I think the current ones are optic ready it would be a viable option.

16. But yeah, I’ll get one of the new FN micros when they come out and toss a 507K on it. It very likely won’t replace my XM, but I’ll get one just to try it.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

https://www.hkpro.com/threads/vp9sk-optics-ready-slide-only.560729/
    You could get yours milled for the optic.

18. GixxerJohn011

Anybody else get really bothered watching Joe ride the slide?

19. GixxerJohn011

That was one of the main reasons why I went with the PDP Pro over a 509 tacticool. Every FN owner I know just orders an Apex trigger with their new pistol. If you are selling something that is supposed to be premium, they damn sure fetch a premium price, I shouldn’t have to spend another $200 to fix something that has such an effect on the experience of the pistol.

Steak Travis and Gorilla George like this.