1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Let me think…

The Kimber 1911 wouldn’t feed.
    Saint Edge AR trigger return broke.
    Walther PDP slide shit itself.
    The Uzi gave me issues feeding, but I resolved it by only running S&B HP ammo.
    One of the Foxtrot AR-45’s gave me an issue but I can’t remember exactly what it was.
    Now this Dagger won’t feed.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Most of them have been very reliable. I’ve got some that are really old (relatively speaking, meaning they were produced in this century, but are old for me :D) that have never had a single failure.

So yeah, in the grand scheme of things I can’t complain. But it still pisses me off when something shits itself that is new.

2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Drop it off at the local gunsmith. He will have it running in 20min. Probably a feed ramp or chamber issue with the barrel.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

New stuff shittin' the bed lights my fuse quicker than stupid people at stop lights...and they get very little slack or consideration.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Something worth remembering... break in period is a very real thing for some guns, even some really high end stuff. Don't get me wrong, I might just be the biggest brand snob on this forum when it comes to guns and frankly wouldn't recommend any PSA to anyone for serious use. Now if you're having a FTF every single round, I don't know that I'd have the patience to complete a break in period and that's probably indicative of a more serious issue anyways. Just saying I wouldn't get too wound up over new guns experiencing occasional malfunctions for the first few hundred rounds, if not more.

5. I keep saying I’m gonna do that. I have one area of one of the safes set aside as “Do not use” where the fucked ones go.

I always say I’m gonna make a run to the gunsmith and get them all sorted, but it’s more fun to buy new shit.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. Oh for sure. They all seem to work better after a while, and I don’t get too worked up over “teething issues”.

But this Dagger won’t load a single round. I mean not one. The only way I could fire it right now would be to lock the slide back and manually put a round in the barrel with my fingers.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Your fucking gun dealer ought to be more than willing to have that properly corrected. ;)

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That is the suck. Yea, I don't think I'd have the patience to fight through that for more than like 3 rounds :crackup:

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Damn that sucks to read this. Both of mine have been super reliable with any ammo, and lots of it

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Are you feeding it that Phillips head stuff? I have 2 boxes of that stuff, but never tried it. Just ball and hp

11. Like I said, I’ve tried everything. “Phillips head”, HP, FMJ, and all from different manufacturers, and multiple mags. Nothing feeds.

12. I finally threw it across the kitchen and was like “Fuck this piece of shit!”

The wife didn’t even look over. She just kept her head down in her phone. Haha

13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Here's how it should go....

GG: "Hey Chuck, you know i've bought a lot of guns from you, right?"
    Chuck: "Yes, absolutely, you're our best customer after the country of Colombia and Seal team-4"
    GG: "Great, here's what I'd like to do. I'm going to pay you $500 total, and you're going to have your armorer go through all these from the bad corner of my safe and un-fuck them. I know I didn't buy all of them from you, but I appreciate you making them all go bang. I'll see you in 2 weeks when I come back to get them."
    Chuck: "Uh..... Sure. Absolutely! We may have some new things in by then too."

fastfreddie, Saiyan66 and Sabre699 like this.
  14. :crackup:

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. I might try that.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

So it will load manually, fire and eject with a single round it just wont load the next round? Did you rack the slide like 500 times when you first got it? Seriously. I pull all my slides off and put lapping compound on all parts that slide against each other. I put it back together and rack the slide 500 times+- and then clean the gun well. Grease and oil everything and it feels like a different gun. Has fixed a lot of break in issues. Also as mentioned above polishing the feed ramp will fix a lot of fail to chamber issues on 9mm's.
    https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...ounds/garnet-lapping-compounds-prod25658.aspx

16. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Maybe the rmr is too heavy or something and the return spring sux? But if it continues to fail to feed you can contact psa or just sell it as it and let someone else deal with psa

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

You may want to check the slide channel is clean also and not grabbing or rubbing against the slide which will steal some spring power and stop the round from chambering properly. Ask me how I know this?! LOL google p80 slide issues and you'll find what I mean.
    https://3dgunbuilder.com/polymer-80/p80-slide-issues-fixed/

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Any problems I’ve had with psa which is next to none they have corrected it.

19. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Are you new here? The motherfucker has a whole ass safe for guns that don’t work.

There a few things that I can think of to try but let’s face it, that gun will be right where it landed after he yeeted it across the kitchen in 6 months.

I’m guessing there is a burr or some buildup on the feed ramp.

SethG and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

SethG likes this.