I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

You’re correct. San Diego county will issue permits in certain circumstances, but even if I met all of them, I’m not a resident at this point and hope not to be.

The sheriff is pretty decent, and is actually in favor of more armed citizens, so we’ll see. The opponent for the June election is pretty vague, but seems reasonable as well. Hope it gets more reasonable.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have no problem that you're carrying, I'm just nervous for you doing it in Comifornia.

Scotty87 and JBraun like this.
  3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'll have to say that I'm very impressed with PSA. Two weeks ago I decided that I wanted to build a Colt SP1 replica mainly because Palmetto kept sending me ads. Their stuff is so inexpensive I couldn't pass it up. The lower was $169 and took about a week to get (I'm sure it had to do with shipping to an FFL) and the upper was $220 including the carry handle and shipped in 3 days. It fits together very nicely and at the range yesterday it shot just like the old M16 I used to carry. Next up is an authentic triangular hand guard from these guys and I'll have a decent SP1 copy for around $500. https://www.uscollectorsordnance.com/

[​IMG]

terminus est and G2G like this.
  4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

PSA's is good quality for the money. I've done a bunch of builds using their parts. If you wait long enough, the item you want will come up on sale and often with free shipping.

I've been wanting to do a similar retro build. I have a pair of original triangular handguards still sealed in their packaging I've been holding onto for that purpose but I've been hesitant to open them. Those refurbed pieces look like a good alternative.

rd400racer likes this.
  5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

What’s the been skinny on the Walther Q5 Match?

6. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Anyone heard an update on the P365's? I'm thinking this will be the next EDC as I combine my pocket pistol and G27 into one, perfect, every day carry..

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Sig has made a change to the design if the barrel hood, altered the RSA slightly and started resuming shipping. They have a backorder list of over 20,000 pistols so it may be a while before you see them readily available on shelves. They are trickling out though.

8. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

Good to hear! Yea, I figure they'll be scooped up like hot cakes as they come in, so will have to wait until it slows down a little.

9. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Got my xd40 Mod2 today and I have to say I am really impressed with the features of the gun. It is a steal for $329.00. I may have to look at the compact as a viable CC candidate. Anyone shot one to know how the recoil is? Specifically the 40 as it is on sale now? If I pay full price I would probably go with the 9mm.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  10. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I’ve carried my 9mm mod2 for a little over a year and I love it. It’s a great winter carry gun. A little heavy with the extended mag over an single stack micro though. Low recoil and a grip that fits my hand so well, makes it a very controllable pistol. I can put it back on target quicker than any other carry pistol I’ve shot, so my groups are ridiculously small at 30ft.

dobr24 likes this.
  11. JeffninjaR1

JeffninjaR1 Here until I'm not.

Just picked up an M&P Shield .40

So far I’m loving it, compact and a single stack. Still wanting a 1911... but good ones aren’t cheap, and my kid plays baseball.

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Anybody ever heard of a sccy firearms? Buddy was saying something about there good and I've never heard of them. Also he mentioned a pmr30? Any first hand experience with any of these.

13. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

SCCY seems like Lorcin to me lol. I've handled a few at the lgs and they didn't speak to me at all. Could be decent, but in comparison to other more well know brands they felt cheap.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

SCCY is cheap/inexpensive. but they are fine with that. for the price it's a decent "truck gun" that can get tossed around and not have to worry about it. they shoot decently from friends that have had them.

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I have the sccy that I use as a truck gun . Also you can find the ruger lc9's pretty cheap and the new ruger ec9's for close to $200.00.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wanted a cheapo truck gun. Looked at SCCY, Bersa, Kel-Tec and Taurus. I ended up getting the Taurus PT11G2 and I think it's a great pistol for under $250. I've seen them under $200 for the solid black version. Funny thing is I did find a Bersa too but it was a Model 85 from the late 80's and the quality on it is damn close to a Walther PPK. So I figured it was too nice to be a truck gun.

17. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

It is excellent, fits well, shoots well with minimal recoil and back on target quickly. In my experience. I'd recommend you try it at least. I preferred it to many others.

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I need one of these in my life here soon, but wrong time to buy now..

20. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

GixxerBlade likes this.