1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have been robbed by..

Discussion in 'General' started by jeppe, Jun 9, 2004.

1. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

Time warner Cable!
    $50 for a replacement remote control!!!!:mad: :Puke:
    Swede

2. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

It's a good thing you didn't lose your remote to your Mitsubishi TV. You would have paid much more than $50. :eek:

3. jeppe

jeppe Well-Known Member

I didnt really loose it.
    one of our dogs thought that remotes would be a good compliment to her diet so she ate the cable remote the HK recicer remote and just nibbled on my DVD remote.

It just annoys me to no end that i have to pay $50 for a replacemnt remote when I have payed them $100+/month for years for the service im getting from time warner
    Swede

4. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

So when you pet the dog on the side do the channels change and volume work? :Poke: :D J/K

Yeah I know what you mean. It's just another way they have us over a barrel and a way for them to make their money. I wonder how many remotes they replace in a day???

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I say train the dog to get his happy a$$ up and change the channel when you want it. That'll show the little bugger

6. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Yet another reason to switch to satellite :)

Cheaper, better quality, better service, and you can buy a $10 universal remote at Target if your dog eats it.

- Roach

7. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

My dog has eaten three of those $10 remotes and one factory remote. I wish we could go back to the needle nose pliers on the broken knob.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why don't you wait until what's left of the remote exits the dog and then send it back to them to see if it might be repaired?

At the very least they should pro-rate the replacement.